Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stippling artdump

1. Stippling artdump

It seems I've developed a potentially painful love for doing stippling artwork. Figured I'd make an artdump for them.

As of now, I only have two (rather, three). I'll post them all as they're anywhere near a presentable state.

So, in chronological order:

Wasn't altogether fond of this one, so I scratched it and left it incomplete. Led to the next one.

Came out much lighter, and better. I lack grey tones though, so I need to finish it up soon.

My latest one that I did over Thanksgiving while stuck in my grandmother's attic with no lighting. Decided to do one of myself rather than of Tain for once. I'm not sure if I like it at all.

All I have for now, more will come when I get around to finishing up. I decided to give my hand a bit of a break, it was beginning to hurt a little bit. So many dots... o.O

2. Anyone who can stipple has a level of patience I can only admire. ^^

And that's looking slick, too. Very photographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. It's not so much patience as it is free time and extreme boredom.

4. But if I had both...I wouldn't be stippling. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Ended up doing a stippling from the first picture I posted of myself here. So much fun

I'm having a bit of trouble with it, since it was a fairly dark image with little contrast. Not exactly the best kind of photo to do a stippling from.

Problem point: hair

Any suggestions?

6. Put a mustache on it and it will look like Hitler.

I agree.

8. ...Which one? I hope not the last ^^ I'd not enjoy having any resemblance to Hitler.

edit- Not that I'd want Tain to, either. In fact, I think that would disturb me more.

9. leet 2 min paint stippling:

10. Okay, okay. I really need to get some more up so I don't look Hitler-esque anymore.

Nice quick paint job, though.