Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arc the Lad strategy guide Delayed?

Arc the Lad strategy guide Delayed?

Yesterday I was told the guide would not be out til May 30th according to Gamestop. Wasn't it supposed to come out a few weeks after the game. I personally don't mind its just kinda unusual for a guide to come out after a game but hey Lunar 2's guide did. I also want to get it right away as the Lunar 2 guide was hard to come by and I imagine the printing will be limited.

Korian

Capcommie Guest
    There is no limit to the depths Working Delays can put something off. Good lord.

3. WD had left some of the original text with a basic translation, but Vic wouldn't have any of it - he knew a couple extra jokes could be put in there instead.

Plus, Vic was never happy with the method of binding on the original, so he planned an upgrade for the book that would make it even more of a challenge to turn the pages. Seems he under-estimated the actual work involved in changing such a thing.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. heres hoping the guides are out by next year *LOL*

There are two guides. One is being released quite soon, one is released on the 30th.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by 88mph
    There are two guides. One is being released quite soon, one is released on the 30th.

Hope this helps.

Really? I thought Arc 1+2 guide was delayed til the 30th thus pushing Arc 3 guide back.

Korian

8. ...

Actually, according to ebgames.com, they aren't getting the first guide (chapters 1&2) until June 3 and then the Chapter 3 guide on July 2...

I'm preordering mine, so whenever WDs decides to finish it, I'll be getting it...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

Re: ...

Originally posted by ssbomberman
    Actually, according to ebgames.com, they aren't getting the first guide (chapters 1&2) until June 3 and then the Chapter 3 guide on July 2...

I'm preordering mine, so whenever WDs decides to finish it, I'll be getting it...
    So they will release a guide for a game after people have already finished Arc 1+2 or need help earlier makes sense. Actually I only wanted the guide for the art,writing and behind the scenes info anyways.

Korian

10. Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by Korian

So they will release a guide for a game after people have already finished Arc 1+2 or need help earlier makes sense. Actually I only wanted the guide for the art,writing and behind the scenes info anyways.

Korian
    Well from my perspective it's fine because I go through the game once on my own and then use the guide to get all the items the second time through, that is if the game is worth playing again, which I think Arc 2 definitely is and I think most people buy it for the reasons you mentioned above also, though I'm sure there are people that would like to use it right away.

I honestly have no idea why WD does things the way it does...and I find it odd that a guide will be released 2 months after the game...although maybe this forces players to figure things out on their own...but then they might not want the guide...so...I have no idea...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"