Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2737394041

Thread: The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King

1. Quote Originally Posted by Green
    The main shoot was around 15 months straight in New Zealand, everyone had to live there for a year and a half. Shooting began in 99, I think. Over the years people would have to fly in for reshoots and such.
    Yea, thats really the only way they could do it though, in shooting them back to back and all. PJ has really proven that shooting a trilogy back to back can be done.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Why didn't you like her? She looks like an elf in real life.
    She would've been better if a real elf portrayed her. Like Aurora.

3. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    She would've been better if a real elf portrayed her. Like Aurora.
    Ya... something definitely tinkered that guys bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. I saw ROTK again, still awesomely good.

I also saw a special on it on A&E, which said something pretty cool. Throughout the movie, Sam and Frodo are always going from left to right on the screen.
    Never noticed it until it was mentioned by PJ... just a cool tidbit, I thought.

5. Quote Originally Posted by pixelassassin
    I saw ROTK again, still awesomely good.

I also saw a special on it on A&E, which said something pretty cool. Throughout the movie, Sam and Frodo are always going from left to right on the screen.
    Never noticed it until it was mentioned by PJ... just a cool tidbit, I thought.

I love that scene where Viggo was messing around, thrwoing hay at the camera and jumping in puddles.

6. Yeah it was funny.

That special made me wonder though. Think about how many interviewers those actors see and answer questions too. I would be completely so tired of them in like 3 weeks.
    I think acting would be a lot of fun, but sometimes all the press stuff makes it a big turnoff. I mean, the interviewer from the special seemed really nice and honest, but how many do they get that no nothing about LOTR or such.
    It would drive me nuts, but hey it's worth the money.

7. My friend said that in one of the funny things during the filming of ROTK was that Hugo Weaving (Elrond), who also plays Agent Smith in the Matrix Trilogy, came out of one of the tents where Viggo was standing and said..."Mr. Aragorn!". All of you people that like the Matrix might like that one.

8. My parents wanted to go so i went with them, it was my second time. Even now the theater was half full for the show, and at the end there was a round of applause. It just surprised me that this was still happening. But anyway, my Dad loved it. Last weekend we watched Lost in Translation, but RotK gets his vote for best picture. (I still pick Lost in Translation :P)

9. DVD Details

2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
    English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX Track
    English Dolby Surround 2.0 Track
    A Journey Completed: A Director's Vision
    A Filmmaker's Journey: Making The Return of the King
    The National Geographic Special Feature
    Multiple Lordoftherings.net Featurettes
    - Aragorn's Destiny Feature
    - Minas Tirith Feature
    - Battle of Pelennor Fields Feature
    - Samvise the Brave Feature