Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Rock: Last Blade 2.

I'd really like to play you... fly out to Crofton. I have LB2 on my cab right now.

2. Personally I am biased towards nearly all SNK games (there are many more on the opposite end of the scale being Capcom fanbois). But if you think that LB2 is too slow, you were not playing it correctly. The control on this game is silky smooth, and the VS battles are a blast. The bosses are a bit unbalanced, but I cannot think of too many SNK fighters where they are not.

I personally prefer LB1, but I can not give a good reason why. None the less the LB series is dripping with style. The combos are smooth and it also has game elements that allow you to delve much deeper than weapon games previously released.

MOTW is still better than either game. As far as broken, I can not think of how MotW is, but I would love to see some info supporting it.

Lee is one of my favorite characters in the game with lots of style and moves to spare.

Anyways, I am rambeling. I think when I get home I will put LB1 back in my cab.

3. Did some research, apparently MoTW has something called feint combos or cancels, which allow certain characters to SOAR over others with rediculus damage. I think the tops were Butt, Gato, Dong, and Kevin.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

4. Quote Originally Posted by Icepick
    I'd really like to play you... fly out to Crofton. I have LB2 on my cab right now.
    No... you fly out to Iowa dammit.

But I need to practice first... I haven't played any LB in over a year... so I don't remember all my Setsuna combos.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

We could play on Kailera. Then no one has to fly anywhere.

6. [edited] Fuck it, I don't feel like being assholic right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    GGXX is also very well balanced overall and #reload (while destroying some characters we know and love such as Baiken) has made the game even more balanced by lowering insane damage and adding other tweaks to the engine.
    #Reload is more unbalanced then GGXX, hurting characters that didn't need to be nerfed while enhancing already powerful ones and bringing in more infinites.
    [...] and the fighting system has elements used in games like CvS2 with the just defending and low jumping.
    That's because CvS2 has what's basically a MotW Groove while LB2 didn't really have any unique features that would constitute a new playing style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapermc
    MOTW is still better than either game. As far as broken, I can not think of how MotW is, but I would love to see some info supporting it.
    Depends on far you feel broken is. There are some insane combos which can deal 80-90% damage non-TOP, but no infinites (that I know of).

7. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    [edited] Fuck it, I don't feel like being assholic right now.#Reload is more unbalanced then GGXX, hurting characters that didn't need to be nerfed while enhancing already powerful ones and bringing in more infinites.That's because CvS2 has what's basically a MotW Groove while LB2 didn't really have any unique features that would constitute a new playing style.Depends on far you feel broken is. There are some insane combos which can deal 80-90% damage non-TOP, but no infinites (that I know of).
    #reload is more balanced than xx, hurting characters that DID need to be nerfed. I could go into a discussion on that one, but it would be so off topic that it would be a waste of space. Some people do prefer the gameplay in xx more, but it is less balanced and has ZERO infinites.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

8. Quote Originally Posted by Destin
    [...] and has ZERO infinites.
    If not infinites, then what are Slayer's and Faust's? "Juggles without end?" Maybe they have a new name like "kara combos?"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Icepick

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    If not infinites, then what are Slayer's and Faust's? "Juggles without end?" Maybe they have a new name like "kara combos?"
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Icepick
    With my keyboard? Now that just sucks...

I really need to pick up a PC Magic Box one of these days.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.