Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: December Comic Book Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover

TRAGIC It is indeed a mystery who Jean was talking to. Possibly the Phoinex, but usually there is a little flare to the word bubble when its the Phoinex talking. And yes, the scene with Xavier and Nightcrawler was uncomfortable. Hopefully this will be touched upon.
    The ring, by the way, is Logan's only proof that he had a past that might not have involved killing. Truth be told, I'm interested in Logan's backstory, but I'm equally interested in other characters and hope these will be fleshed out as well.
    The TP should be out soon, and Finch's art is worth the price of admission.
    It's just a cool action story with some great dialoge, but I'll admit that nothing is ever really resolved, but more questions are made and I think that the General introduced at the end of the story will make an interesting side character.

That's it for me, guys. Hope you're all well.
    Wait... what TP are you talking about?
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

2. Tragic I think he's talking about the TPB of the whole 'Blockbuster' arc.

3. Alright, I saw this Batman figure in the store the other day ,and I was going to buy it and plop him down on top of my computer ( Batman being a bad ass and all), but I noticed one fatal flaw on it - Batman is fucking SMILING

What were they thinking when they made a smiling Batman figure - Maybe he's in the process of watching a Catwoman/Poison Ivy orgy
    or something??

Not sure if you can see his smirk in the pic ...

4. Haha, yeah I suppose they think KC Batman was whimsical.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    So don't buy the monthly and wait for the trades for smoother reading.
    Problem is that if every issue of a comic comes out with a 4 month gap, then the trades subsequently every 1 1/2 years or so. The Ultimates kicks so much ass. Why can't Brian Hitch keep a schedule ? *sigh*

6. He's smiling because he knows something. I'm almost 3 months out of the loop comic-wise. My wife is hitting up the bookstore/news stand we frequent for a website, which would be paid for in merchandise, so I've been holding off on getting my hold pile until she got an answer from them. I think this week will be my limit for waiting though.
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

7. Heh, I literally just laughed out loud at that Batman fig.. maybe it's the Special Collector's Edition "Clayface Disguised As Batman" figure...

Ultimates # 12--Don't know who these aliens are, but if ONE of them is that tough, they're gonna need Hulk's help, ASAP! How in the world do they plan on controlling the Grey Goliath, though? Roughing him up beforehand is not a good way to get cooperation out of the guy. Jetman, I think your idea of recruiting Magneto is a good one, but I don't think Mags would stop there. It'd be a perfect time to screw over SHIELD as well as the aliens. Pretty good action here, but no real forward advancement of the plot and the issue was over too quickly. Stil, I enjoyed it. Seems like Ultimate Cap is gonna become this generation's Wolverine. DON'T GIVE ULTIMATE CAP HIS OWN BOOK!!!! He'll be ruined inside a year.

Quote Originally Posted by BeBOPlover
    Ultimate Spidey #50-- Loved the issue, hated Black Cat's costume. I'm sorry, I'm not 14 and I don't need my female characters with clevage as big as melons.
    I agree 100% on Cat's costume. Granted, Felicia's kind of a cocktease anyway, so the cleavage thing is sorta on point, but I still think it's overkill. What I really hate about her costume is the boots with the yellow cat claws. YUCK! Again, this issue flies by, and outside of Cat's appearance, I don't remember anything else about it. I haven't purchased Ult. Spidey since the 1st Issue. After this issue, I think I'll stick with the Spidey I grew up with.

Hulk: Gray #3-- This came out last week, right? Just making sure I haven't missed anything. I'm liking this book, even though it's taking some minor liberties with Hulk's first appearances, such as knowing his name is the Hulk before anyone ever called him that and being savage from the onset. I remember he was quite intelligent in his original outings. I like Sale's rendition of the brutish Hulk and the colors do a good job of setting the mood. Much more so than in other books I read regularly.

Ultimate Six #4-- I love the characterization going on in this series, especially Peter Parker and Electro. I always thought Goblin was a silly character, and this new brutish take on him doesn't do anything for me either, but Doctor Octopus seems like a much more serious threat than he ever was. I like how Norman punks Fury, too. He seems to have way more clout in the Ultimate U. than in traditional Marvel U. I'm a little interested to see Spider-Man in action against these guys, seeing as Peter is still relatively new to this, and now he's taking on all his most powerful villains at once. Artwork is pretty good, so all in all, I'd say this has been a consistently enjoyable read. Didn't know they increased the series to 7! Joy!

Supreme Power #5-- I was a little miffed that we didn't get to see Mark grieving over the "death" of his parents. Corporate sharks with more resources than the government? Yup, I can totally see that. That little instance made me smile and is it me or is The Blur's mom a crafty old woman? The tea kettle alarm was freaking great! She saw right through those weasels. I wonder what Blur's motivation will be to join the team. Right now, he's just trying to earn a few bucks to do proud by his mom. Doctor Spectrum is a knock-off on Green Lantern, right? So far, outside of the devastating effects of trying to tamper with the prism, he's been wholly uninteresting. Can't wait for Power Princess. She has the potential to be the most charismatic member on the team (well, Blur being a corporate sponsor whore might take that title), and I'd like to see how she reacts to Mark, the only man on the planet that is in her league. Eating scraps, locked away like some evil plague? What's that all about? And Nighthawk.. well, he's seen doing his thing again. There's gonna be some sparks flying when he meets Mark. Will Nighthawk "have time to plan"? Now that I think about it, I can't see any reason why any of these people would want to be on a team (besides lonely Mark Milton). We'll see. Great characters, great story, great book!

Whew, back to work for now. More later..

8. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Tragic I think he's talking about the TPB of the whole 'Blockbuster' arc.

Well, why would he but the TPB if he already read all the issues? I'm just confused and, yes, I realize this is unimportant.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

9. Today's haul;

Wanted #1
    CloudFall #2
    Avengers #75
    NYX #3
    Thanos #3
    Gotham Central #14

Cloudfall is a first-time read for me. Opened it and enjoyed the artwork (especially Page One :P), then enjoyed the premise. Read the back cover and decided I'd give it a shot. Too bad I can't find #1.

As much as I like Thanos, I don't believe he should be in his own monthly. But seeing Thanos, Warlock and the gang (minus Drax) take on Galactus drew me like a moth to the flame. If this turns out to be good, I may just stick with the book. At least until Starlin leaves.

Where the hell is RED #3??!!

10. TRAGIC, uh, I was telling YOU to pick up the TP, so you could dig into the story proper. I was also warning you why you might not like it. But now I've edited my post because I read you post and it sounded like you hand't read the entire series. I see now I maybe was mistaking.

BLOODYARTS, Ultimate Spidey 50 certainly wasn't the issue to pick up if you were attempting to dive into the series. This is ironic considering this was "Ultimates Starts". I don't read any other Spidey books. I lost interest in Amazing and Spectacular, and am now an Ultimate fan for life. I wish you'd give the first two volumes a chance. It'd be hard not to get sucked in.

I have a cute little haul, and will discuss as I read them.

In the mean time, what do you guys think of these two quotes?

Mark Millar: I've written the most amazing action scene with the most unlikely of heros in Ultimate Nighthawk.

Mark Millar: I have a fantastic idea for an Ultimate crossover involving everyone from the Ultimate universe.

Quotes like these make the comic weeks go by so slowly. Hitch drawing Ultimate Nighthawk. I can't believe I'm excited about Nighthawk. Nighthawk!