Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: December Comic Book Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    I would say JLA runs off its own merits. Its pretty much self contained , but occasionally there will be a few bumps in the road ( they never slow down the story) but occasionally some stuff from current continuity will bleed over into the series. Ex. John Stewart being the current Green Lantern due to Kyle Rayner doing all of his galaxy hopping in his book. During Morrisons run we got to see the "Blue Lightning Supes" from the Super books in a couple of issues. Occasionally you'll have the DC wide X-overs : Last Laugh,Worlds at War, Day of Judgement - but generally they're all new reader friendly unless you come in in the middle of a story arc or something.
    Remember World War 3? Animal Man saves the day! That was awesomely hilarious.

I stopped after that, though. No clue what the JLA is up to now.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Remember World War 3? Animal Man saves the day! That was awesomely hilarious.

I stopped after that, though. No clue what the JLA is up to now.
    You're not missing that much but pick up The Obsidian Age books(2) and recently The Burning.

3. Obsidian age rules.
    Anything that shows how much of a badass Batman is gets a thumbs up from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gymkata
    Obsidian age rules.
    Anything that shows how much of a badass Batman is gets a thumbs up from me.
    Yeah, I also loved the replacement JLA especially seeing Nightwing as leader and how he deals with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Yeah, I also loved the replacement JLA especially seeing Nightwing as leader and how he deals with it.
    OMFG WHAT? =O
    If my local comic store wasn't closed on Mondays, I'd be checking this out after work... maybe they'll have the TPB at Barnes & Nobles; I gotta use this gift card I got from my office secret santa.

And isn't Obsidian the first GL's (ICAN'TBELIEVEIFORGOTHISNAME) son? Is he connected to the storyline at all?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    OMFG WHAT? =O
    If my local comic store wasn't closed on Mondays, I'd be checking this out after work... maybe they'll have the TPB at Barnes & Nobles; I gotta use this gift card I got from my office secret santa.
    Yeah it's pretty neat. Check it out when you can.

And isn't Obsidian the first GL's (ICAN'TBELIEVEIFORGOTHISNAME) son? Is he connected to the storyline at all?
    Nah 'Obsidian' is just part of the of the title, any character named Obsidian doesn't have anything to do with the story really.

7. Shit, Will I forgot all about yesterday.

I was in the hospital last week and spent this week recovering at home. I return to work on Friday (day after Xmas), so we can hook up then, no problems.

I totally forgot, sorry. I should've let you know that I wasn't going to be in the city this week until Friday.

8. I remember when Mr Terrific was nearly flabberghasted at Batman ripping off his T sphere design.
    He was all like "OMG Batman actualy thought my stuff was good enough to rip off!!!!11!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

9. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts
    Shit, Will I forgot all about yesterday.

I was in the hospital last week and spent this week recovering at home. I return to work on Friday (day after Xmas), so we can hook up then, no problems.

I totally forgot, sorry. I should've let you know that I wasn't going to be in the city this week until Friday.
    Ah no problem man, hope ya feel better.

I'm not sure if I can make it friday though, I might have to work that day. I just installed ICQ so we can chat through there of AIM if you have it instead of communicating only through the boards

10. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach
    Am I the only guy who's given up on individual comics? Between bagging/boarding the issues and trying to keep storylines together, I've gone and thrown in the towel. TPBs and TPBs only for me these days.

I'm just tired of picking up an issue and having no idea of what came b/4 and when the current story will end. I prefer getting all my story in one big dose, from prelude to epilogue, thx.

Rights, so, any cool TPBs releasing this month my Spider-Sense should anticipate?
    I'm with you on this. TPBs only. Only.

Speaking of, I just got the Hush TPBsm and I read through them in on fell swoop. That story was really good. Probably the best Batman I've ever read.

I also got Hellboy: The Chained Coffin and Others. I'll admit it's my first Hellboy comic outing, but I loved it the whole way through. I'll be heading to the local comic shop tomorrow to pick up another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.