Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive ROTK spoilage

1. Massive ROTK spoilage

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1070004377

Consider any posts here a spoiler, of course.
    pwned by Ivan

2. Faramir -- is he more like "Book Faramir" than he was in TTT TE?

Yes
    Praise the lord!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. They're gone.

4. Then ask me.

Some things I remember-
    -The Palantir is found by Pippin floating around in the flooded Isengard. I've seen a pic of him holding it, he's on the floor and the Palantir is flaming and he's in alot of pain. Aragorn tries to grab it before Gandalf finally wraps it (with his cloak?).
    -Saruman is mentioned somewhere, and someone (Gandalf?) says he won't be troubling anyone anymore.
    -No Mouth of Sauron. There's alot of Oliphaunts at the Black Gate, though. Legolas slays one.
    -Sauron's big eye now has a floodlight!
    -Gollum convinces Frodo that Sam is a traitor, Frodo then sends Sam home. Sam comes back just in time to save Frodo from Shelob. It is played out like we're supposed to think Frodo has died.
    -Gandalf sends the moth to get the Eagles (the band, who then plays "Hotel California" for Sauron ).
    -There's no romance between Eowyn and Faramir.
    -The movie goes on for around 10 minutes after the ring is destroyed.
    -A troll steps on Aragorn, who then slays it.
    -Gollum bloodily bites off Frodo's finger.
    -It's a big tear jerker. The guy listed about 7 scenes that got everyone all mysty eyed.
    pwned by Ivan

5. No mouth of Sauron? Didn't he play an important part towards the end?

6. Sounds fairly close, minus the Sauron and the Scouring.

I can live with that.

7. -Gollum convinces Frodo that Sam is a traitor, Frodo then sends Sam home. Sam comes back just in time to save Frodo from Shelob. It is played out like we're supposed to think Frodo has died.
    Ridiculous. Frodo would never trust Gollum over Sam, and if Frodo tried to send Sam home, Sam would have killed Gollum instantly.

-There's no romance between Eowyn and Faramir.
    Huge disappointment. I mean, their marriage was one of the unifying aspects of the post-war era, right?

-No Mouth of Sauron.
    I can't figure out why this would be omitted. It's a pretty big plot point, and was a bad-ass confrontation.

Ten minutes post-Ring isn't nearly enough. *sigh* Extended DVD then, I guess?

I'm sure the battles will be great, though. I'll still see it Day One, but my personal hype isn't nearly as high for this as it was for Two Towers.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

8. Two Towers was somewhat dissapointing to me, not as good as Fellowship, but I hope that ROTK will deliver better experience.

9. Mouth of Sauron was seen in the game, so I wouldn't doubt any reason why he shouldn't be in there, unless he's being saved for the director's cut (which makes no sense).

10. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Two Towers was somewhat dissapointing to me, not as good as Fellowship, but I hope that ROTK will deliver better experience.
    No way man! Helm's Deep was so fucking cool in TTT.