Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carnivale

1. Carnivale

Not game related, sorry about that. I was curious if anyone watches Carnivale on HBO?

For those who watch I have a few questions or parts that I do not understand. I think I have seen every episode except the first.

1. In the last episode - The blind guy (Lodz) was talking to someone or something in his trailer. When Samson walked in on them , the voice told him to leave. He left looking scared. He then looked at some badge in his pocket with an HS on it? Anyone understand this part.

2. When Ben Hawkins locked hands with the other Carny guy and stole his ring, they had an intense moment where they saw scenes of Medievil Battle. Anyone understand that?

3. Clayton Jones has a busted up knee. Any significance there?

I think I am following most of the story and I am completely fascinated with the show.

2. 1.) The 'voice' you're referring to is the mysterious entity that Samson refers to as 'management'. The medal he pulls out from his pocket I assume comes from WWI, only because of the numerous flashback sequences.

2.) I can only assume that Ben has the peculiar psychic power to receive impressions from items about what they represent, where they've come from, etc. When he touched the ring he received a vision of what I think was a Masonic ritual from the old days.

3.) There is a brief flashback of some unsavory looking fellows busting up Jonsey's leg with a baseball bat. They have, to the best of my knowledge, yet to reveal any further details about it.

Hope I was of some hope..
    Time for a change

3. 1. Thats the management, and no, no one knows who the management is, though my guess is either its a massively deformed freak of nature, or the devil.

2. I have a long shot guess, that perhaps that guy was simply an immortal man that god had cursed to walk the earth.

3. Everything is significant on this show.

You want my advice about this show, do yourself a favor and do not pay attention to whats going on in the foreground, pay attention to the background. This is one of those things that is obviously building to a climax that has all the clues to figure it out laid out right in front of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

4. I saw the show once, was a little bit wierd for me :/
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

5. Quote Originally Posted by youandwhosearmy
    1. Thats the management, and no, no one knows who the management is, though my guess is either its a massively deformed freak of nature, or the devil.
    My guess is the devil. Too many biblical references for it not to be.

Anyone else recognize Samson as Mr. Roque from Mulholland Drive?

6. I have missed every episode of this show, and i LOVE most HBO shows. Should I wait and buy the first season, or jump in and catch up?

My girl loves this show. I have it on OnDemand, and I've been meaning to catch up on it.

It seems really good from what I've seen.

8. Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch
    Anyone else recognize Samson as Mr. Roque from Mulholland Drive?
    Not only that, he's also the "Man From Another Place" of Twin Peaks fame. Lynch loves the little guy.
    Time for a change

9. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    I have missed every episode of this show, and i LOVE most HBO shows. Should I wait and buy the first season, or jump in and catch up?
    If you can catch all the episodes in order then go for it... I think they're supposed to be airing them all one of these days... or maybe they already did.
    Do not try to start from this episode forward though... you've already missed way to much character background to catch up and not feel confused... well at least more confused then the rest of us.

Personally I wish something would fucking happen one of these episodes... this has got to be the slowest unfolding mini series I've ever seen. But I keep watching because it's got a lot of potential and somethings got to happen soon.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Not only that, he's also the "Man From Another Place" of Twin Peaks fame. Lynch loves the little guy.
    I did not know that! Now I have to revisit Twin Peaks.

Speaking of Lynch, Carnivale has a Lynchian feel to it.