Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hermie hoper head import ps1 and puzzle link ngpc

1. hermie hoper head import ps1 and puzzle link ngpc

i saw both of these games at my local anime/import shop today for 20 bucks a piece. i had just been next door to old navy and spent my money on friggin' clothes so i couldn't buy them right then and there. anyway, i was wondering if you guys had any impressions on both of these games. i've heard for years that hermie was a pretty good platformer. i've been wanting to get it but never had the chance until now. i've played a lil bit of puzzle link for the neogeo pocket color and i told myself to add it to my list of games to have for the system since i thought it was fun from what i played. i'll probably be able to go back and get at least one of these games by wednesday at the latest. any thoughts would be apreciated. thanks.

2. Your avatar looks like Mewtwo.
    Was it the old Gamefan (Halverson), or the latter (ECM) that liked Hermie? Was it just one person who had a fix on it, or more? All I can remember is it being mentioned alot back then. Anyone know what score it was given?

3. Well, rama, I myself have never played either of those games but from what I've heard about them...

Get Hermie Hopperhead, ESPECIALLY if its the original and not the re-release. Supposed to be one of the best platformers ever made for import PSX. If you buy it and you happen not to like it, I'll buy it off of you if it has the box & instructions

As for Puzzle Link, I dunno. Pretty much all NGPC games are either hit or miss with very little middle-ground, I'd heard PL was one of the hits and one of the best puzzlers on the system. Go for it to.

As for clothing, who needs it? Go out there in the buff as God had intended
    omg TNL epics!

4. oh, my avatar......mewtwo? nah, it's zebra man.....really. i'm serious.

yeah, i'm more interested in getting hermie, but i aslo want a good puzzle game for my ngpc since i don't have one for it yet.

5. Who is Zebraman?

6. i don't know much about him but i saw a pic of him in some illustration book (yoshizaki mine illustrations) and i thought the character design was pretty cool. i'm not even sure if anything's been done with this character actually, but oh well, he looks cool....and he has the power to.....uh.....act like a zebra?

7. Who is Yoshizaki Mine? Does he do anime or game art? Is Zebraman a game character?

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    you just KNOW when you go back for Hermie it'll be gone. thats the way it always is and always will be. at least for me anyways. but seriously Hermie rocks and it was indeed Halverson who blew his load at the mention of that game.

9. Originally posted by Green
    Who is Yoshizaki Mine? Does he do anime or game art? Is Zebraman a game character?
    yoshizaki mine is a character designer and manga artist. he's done stuff for capcom over the years and snk as well. if you've seen some of the covors for the japanese mega man re-releases on the ps1 you've seen some of his artwork. i think he did the covers for part 4 and 5. as far as zebra man is concerned i've seen nothing on him outside of the one pic in that illuatration book i mentioned earlier. don't know if he's a game or manga character.

10. Cool.
    Mecha-Mewtwo!