Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Illustrator Final Project

1. Just a suggestion but have you tried making the background all light or dark? The verticle spacing on the type is way too dramatic and the arch is very ugly. Not trying to discourage you or anything, but arches are never used by designers (well, not NEVER but very very very very very seldomly). Try fooling around with the typeface itself.

You have limited type but the typeface would probably be better. Serif is probably the way to go, but it's not as legible as it is now. TYpography is one of those things where when you get it, you get it. But until then you're in the dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. The only thing I have ever done in illustrator. It is suppost to have a pop-art look, but the size of this image doesn't show it to well...
    I too am very intimidated by Illustrator, but I have no formal training in graphics at all.

3. That's very good though... the type seems to be fine and the drawing is very pop-artish.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. this is way better than anything I could ever do... what's up with the mic though?

5. Here's a piece I did about 2 years ago for a class... it's kind of a shitty image though... I don't have the original anymore (hard drive crash) so it's just a scan of the last printout I made.

6. that's so not shitty dude. the more i look at it, the more i see how simple it is, but it came out really good. ROBOT CRUSH!!!1

7. There's definitely some sort of style about it.

8. Shakey, it was a mic I found on the net when I was looking for something simplistic. I may actually change it if I get the chance, but at the moment I am on the last of my finals and I also have a job... so unfortuantely, free time is few and far between.

Negitoro, that picture is really neat. Definately not as crappy as you may think. Looks like you put most of your time into the buildings... nicely done.
    I like my women like I like my coffee. Covered in bees!

9. Quote Originally Posted by negitoro
    Here's a piece I did about 2 years ago for a class... it's kind of a shitty image though... I don't have the original anymore (hard drive crash) so it's just a scan of the last printout I made.
    That kicks all manner of ass. Good job on that one.

Atlas: I think it looks good, though I don't think I am a fan of the lettering. It might just be the bad compression or whatever but it just seems awkward.
    o_O

10. Quote Originally Posted by Atlas
    Shakey, it was a mic I found on the net when I was looking for something simplistic. I may actually change it if I get the chance, but at the moment I am on the last of my finals and I also have a job... so unfortuantely, free time is few and far between.
    naturally, and I didn't mean to nit-pick... if it makes it any easier blues harp players typically use bullet mics and hold them in their hands right up against the harp, so usualyy all you really see of the mic is the cord coming out from between their fingers.