Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YS VI in America in 2004!

1. Yes! Yes!

I will preorder this as soon as its release date is confirmed. I'm basking in the goodness that is Ys IV right now and I'm eager to play the SFC version (good or bad). Now my fever will continue into part 6!!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    I was hoping this would be the PC version, but beggars can't be choosers. I notice it says consoles in the plurar. Anyone know which?
    No need to give up on that hope yet. Konami has been releasing most of their games on PC lately.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. This had BETTER hit the Xbox!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    Unexpected, but good news.

However, I doubt that this will sell well here...how many of today's majority of gamers have a history with this series?
    It likely won't do well for entirely different reasons. History is not one, however. Not many people had a history with the Final Fantasy's and still 7 went on to sell huge numbers.

Still, color me surprised.

5. Xbox 360 I

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    and the nerds celebrated, for they were happy...
    I hate this misconception. You must be exceptionally smart to be a nerd. Geek man, geek. Everyone here doesn't eat chicken heads for nothing.

Good news about Y's btw.

6. Despite the awesome swag that came with it, I am now uber-glad I held off on buying the Japanese PC rev w/ goodies this past summer.

Thank you Konami!
    omg TNL epics!

7. Konami continues their dominance as the best 3rd party publisher in the world. Bless their souls, for I will have a chance to return to the land of Ys.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    I was hoping this would be the PC version, but beggars can't be choosers. I notice it says consoles in the plurar. Anyone know which?
    i asked. they aren't announcing that info yet.

interestingly the PR says that they intend to branch further into RPG publishing and make ys an important release alongside suikoden. so we'll see. it sounds like they got the worldwide console rights for the game. and they're adding content. really, it sounds very promising to me, as the deal covers japan console release too.

http://www.konami.co.jp/press/2003/1...5.12.08-e.html

9. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    I'm basking in the goodness that is Ys IV right now and I'm eager to play the SFC version (good or bad).
    You knew they were different games, right (IV on PCE and SFC)?
    -ud

10. That's why I said it. I've played the Duo version, now I want to try the SFC one.