Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interplay shuts down Black Isle Studios..

1. Interplay shuts down Black Isle Studios..

Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. This was practically inevitable, with most of the talent having left to form Obsidian. J.E. Sawyer's departure was the final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. Interplay is pretty much dead in the water now, IMO. It's sad to see the label shut down, but I'll be looking to Obsidian in the future to continue the Black Isle spirit.

3. BI -> Troika, Obsidian

BI has been a shell of a company for awhile. Or did you buy Lionheart?
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    There is justice; serves those bastards right for butchering D&D PC gaming. Ah, happy days...

5. Yeah, it sucks how they completely revitalized the PC RPG industry. Jackasses.

I guess that's it for Fallout 3. It probably would've been shit because all their talent left, but still.

6. lol
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers
    Yeah, it sucks how they completely revitalized the PC RPG industry. Jackasses.
    Great counter point. Putting out shit that the majority of idiot gamers who've never touched a gold box game like. I guess I was way out of line

8. I loved the SSI games. Baldur's Gate I and II were still some damn good games. And the Fallouts and Torment were even better.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers
    I loved the SSI games. Baldur's Gate I and II were still some damn good games. And the Fallouts and Torment were even better.
    I have no idea how you could like both the gold box games and the BG series but good for you I guess; personally the battle system IMO was piss-poor and completely ruined the BG game (I never touched the second after playing the first) No D&D game has ever even touched the greatness of the gold box series and that stems not only from brilliant storylines but the well developed tactical grid based battle system. I'm just glad, for whatever reason, Wizards pulled the license from them as I hated the direction they pushed D&D PC gaming in. I want a D&D game that is set up like the gold box games; anything less than that is a move down in quality when it comes to D&D gaming.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bar81
    I have no idea how you could like both the gold box games and the BG series but good for you I guess; personally the battle system IMO was piss-poor and completely ruined the BG game (I never touched the second after playing the first) No D&D game has ever even touched the greatness of the gold box series and that stems not only from brilliant storylines but the well developed tactical grid based battle system. I'm just glad, for whatever reason, Wizards pulled the license from them as I hated the direction they pushed D&D PC gaming in. I want a D&D game that is set up like the gold box games; anything less than that is a move down in quality when it comes to D&D gaming.
    I don't want to agree with you since it sounds a bit backwards and reactionary, but nevertheless I do. BG bored me to tears. The combat was dull, but not as dull as the story. I really tried to like Fallout 1 and 2, but I couldn't get into either of them. It only made me wish I had an acient computer that could play Wasteland at something slower than hyperspeed.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2