Thread: PC developers that deserve more recognition

1. PC developers that deserve more recognition

Victrix's thread about PC publishers inspired me to make a thread that I've been thinking about recently; it seems, to me at least, that there are a lot of fairly small, not very well known PC developers out there that really deserve so much more than that. That is not to say that they're not known within the hardcore crowd, but that they really deserve for their success to break out of just that. For example, some of the ones I think deserve a lot more recognition are:

Mafia, Vietcong, Hidden & Dangerous 2
    Mafia alone would warrant them being on the list, and hopefully, with the PS2 and XB releases of the game, much more success will come to them.

No One Lives Forever 1 & 2, Shogo
    This one is pretty much a given with most people who have tried the NOLF games. It's sad to see such fantastic and unique (for the genre) games wind up in the bargain bin so quickly (though their uniqueness is probably what's to blame). It's too bad what happened with Contract Jack, I'm sure that really soiled their reputation with a lot of people. Hopefully The Matrix Online will redeem them.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Armed & Dangerous
    When you think about how tiny Planet Moon Studios is (comprised of many ex-Shiny guys), it's pretty amazing what they achieved with Giants. Not only was it easily one the most graphically impressive games when it was released, it also combined (though admittedly rather simplistically) several very different gameplay styles, a ton of innovative and unique ideas, and topped it off with some hilarious dialog. I have yet to play Armed and Dangerous, but I have every confidience in it, and for christ's sake, it's got a fucking shark gun. It wins.

I could name many more, but what fun would that be. Anyway, what other PC devs do you think deserve more recognition?
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Planet Moon wins.. I adore Armed & Dangerous. Adore it.
    o_O