Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target Earth vs Cybernator

1. Re: Target Earth vs Cybernator

Originally posted by Taito
    For me, Target Earth's story was compelling, while Cybernator's story felt more like an afterthought.
    Both games are great, but I prefer Cybernator (AKA Assult Suit Valken) more. As for Cybernator's story, I have a feeling that it was stripped down for the US release- I have one of Satoshi Urushihara's art books, who did the character designs for Cybernator, and there's two whole pages of character designs that you never see anywhere in the game (except for the options screen). There's the Cybernator pilot, his girlfriend, some other guys, a General, etc. I can't imangine that they'd hire an artist like him to do all that for no reason. Plus, there's some other great promotional art that Konami USA of course didn't bother using, most of it gushy romantic stuff (the pilot and his girl embracing, etc.). However, given the content of the rest of Satoshi Urushihara's art book, I'm suprised that the girl wasn't topless...

Oh, and Metal Warriors kicks ass. Hard game, though. That game needs a thread of it's own...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Me and Station (maybe Cynical Sphere/Summoner) are probably the only people here who laugh everytime we see the name "Metal Warriors"...

It conjures up images of Manowar.

ºTracer
    o_O

3. I have to admit, while it's a great game (I love getting out and flying around and going from mech to mech), the name is pretty bad. And now that you mentioned it, I won't be able to think of the game again without paintings of goofy barbarians with swords dancing through my mind- Manowar- worst 80's metal band ever. Thanks for ruining a great game for me, Tracer.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. YOU KIDDING! Manowar is the best! Warriors of TRUE METAL! Feel the Power of Thy Sword!

ºTracer
    o_O