Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone Loader

1. News Zone Loader

In another thread someone mentioned a "zone loader" being made for the PS2 that will let you play imports. I can't remember which thread and I've searched the web with no results. Anyone have any info?
    Currently playing - KOFXI

2. Quote Originally Posted by bishop
    In another thread someone mentioned a "zone loader" being made for the PS2 that will let you play imports. I can't remember which thread and I've searched the web with no results. Anyone have any info?
    Sadly it has disappeared...probably some issue with it not being able to work with all games or something...how I wish it would work, I really don't have the cash of a j-ps2

3. Id highly reccomend getting your PS2 modded if you cant get a J-PS2

Matt on this board does a wonderful job modding them
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Did I miss something? Non-mod chip import discs already exist. Swap Magic for example. Or was this "zone loader" thing supposed to let you play imports without the PS2 flip top mod?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Nappa
    Did I miss something? Non-mod chip import discs already exist. Swap Magic for example. Or was this "zone loader" thing supposed to let you play imports without the PS2 flip top mod?
    I think that's how it works, but all the sites I've seen talking about it have been very cryptic and hard to follow.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    Id highly reccomend getting your PS2 modded if you cant get a J-PS2

Matt on this board does a wonderful job modding them
    Since I need a new domestic system anyway, I might just do that after the next price drop.

7. how much does Matt charge? and what does he do? make it some universal system? or just install the flip top or something? im dying without Dodonpachi and that Point Blank Trilogy here.

8. News

I just realised that against all odds almost all of the Japanese PS2 games I wanted have actually been announced for NA: Sega 3D Ages, La Pucelle, Astro Boy (unofficial but very probable), MS3..... I hope a disc import sol'n comes out because there is no longer nearly enough Japan-only content for me to even consider justifying mod/JPS2/fliptop, etc.

9. So anyone got an update on the current state of PS2 mods? When I checked on them last it was pretty iffy, with varying success rates for the different models of mod chip. Admitted, that was a year ago, so I'm out of date on the progress.

So what does a current mod chip do, and how well does it do it? Inquiring minds (who want DoDonPachi DaiOuJou) want to know.

James

10. Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Barton
    how much does Matt charge? and what does he do? make it some universal system? or just install the flip top or something? im dying without Dodonpachi and that Point Blank Trilogy here.

price i imagine would depend on your model PS2 so youd have to talk to him about that

I have a magic 3.1 chip in mine and it works perfectly it loads all the dvd games and such

i dont know about Pal games but it lets you play US and Japanese games
    and no flip top thing is needed

you just put the game into your system like you normally wood and bam your playing imports
    i got it for DoDonPachi DOJ myself and play it quite a bit on it

along with XII Stag and PSyvariar and soon SvC and HSFIIX
    plus my import PSX games and such
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.