Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screw spiderman, anyone see hollywood ending?

1. Screw spiderman, anyone see hollywood ending?

The hardest working guy in hollywood is back at it again. anyone see hollywood ending yet? unfortunatly, i have not, but i certainly plan to. any impressions would be great, or any woody-related convo would be fantastic as well.

2. I've yet to see it, but I will soon. What Allen movies have you seen? I've seen Whats Up Tigerlily?, Deconstructing Harry, Annie Hall, Bananas, Sleeper, Broadway Danny Rose, Smoke and Mirrors (is that the correct title?), Curse of the Jade Scorpian, Small Time Crooks, and Play It Again Sam (which I think is the funniest out of the lot, though he didn't direct it). I think Play It Again Sam is as funny a movie as any other I've ever seen. Tigerlily is really funny too, and shows what you can do with a small budget and a good idea.

3. Originally posted by Green
    I've yet to see it, but I will soon. What Allen movies have you seen?
    lets see. I've seen:
    celebrity*
    decontructing harry
    mighty aphrodite
    everyone says i love you
    husbands and wives
    crimes and misdemeanors*
    hannah and her sisters
    broadway danny rose
    zelig
    manhattan*
    annie hall*
    bannanas
    *=my favorites
    smoke and mirrors? do you mean shadows and fog?

4. What is Zelig about? I've never heard of it. Yeah, I was just flipping throught the channels, and Shadows and Fog was on.

5. Originally posted by Green
    What is Zelig about? I've never heard of it.
    zelig is a black & white documentary/newsreel about this guy, zelig(allen) who can change his appearance, language etc. depending on the situation. its a weird concept, and the moral seems to be "be who you are, not what others want you to be" or something to that effect. its pretty good, but its only about 75 minutes long. not one of my favorites, but worth watching.

6. Well, Sorry but I'm not Woody Allen's fan But I hope you will enjoy this film

7. Well, I've always been interested in Woody Allen movies and I did want to watch Hollywood Ending. Sadly, the only Allen movie I've seen that he was in was Antz (I know, shoot me now). My library has Annie Hall and Take the Money and Run all the time so I guess I'll start there.

8. Originally posted by Sqoon
    Well, I've always been interested in Woody Allen movies and I did want to watch Hollywood Ending. Sadly, the only Allen movie I've seen that he was in was Antz (I know, shoot me now). My library has Annie Hall and Take the Money and Run all the time so I guess I'll start there.
    Annie Hall is a great place to start. its his most critically acclaimed film, and with good reason. its not as "artsy" as manhattan, but it is more funnier and charming. one if, if not THE best romantic comedies i've ever seen.

Manhatten Murder Mystery that was so funny and I really am not that big a fan of Woody Allen. Seen it like 4-5 times.
    Hollywood Ending I'll wait til it comes to video too many other good films.

Korian

10. In the same time period that hollywood ending made under 3 million dollars at the box office, spiderman made over 90 million. does anyone besides me become ill when they read things like this? what does it say about our society when something based around computer effects and a story everyone has already heard is over 30 times as succesful as a movie made by one of the greatest directors of all time? i haven't seen either of the films, but i think my point is pretty clear regardless. luckily woody allen is loved in europe, so not every country prefers mindless films. i thought this was all about art?

if there was any justice in this world, people would go on killing sprees during showings of "the new guy" instead of in schools and office buildings. if anyone is listening, etch that on my gravestone.

rant over.