Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrews Heapage - (Jan 16th update. I lure you in with a robot)

1. Andrews Heapage - (Jan 16th update. I lure you in with a robot)

See the last post. I updated with a new cartoon character I made. For some reason the Brint image is broken. It's almost 1:30 AM so I'll see if I can fix it later.

The new character is Robobo, the blue robot.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. p.s. I did this all in illustrator.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Quote Originally Posted by rezo

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    p.s. I did this all in illustrator.

Impressive.

If I can be critical of one thing, its his arm that's supporting the gun. Looks a little wack.

Other than that, its a really nice drawing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. yeah, the foreshortening on the arm is a little off. I'll try to fix it, because I can in illustrator without a hitch.

6. A few comments :

- The point about the foreshortening on the arm... you're making it more difficult on yourself. The hand is fine... the reason it looks weird is that you've got the elbow on the far arm rotated outwards. From the perspective you have it, his elbow should be rotated behind his body.

- Making the gun slightly longer would also help... as it is, the gun is only about 2 feet long in your drawing. Making the gun longer and pushing the pump action grip a little more forward would allow the front arm to rest more comfortably.

http://conspiracyx0.tripod.com/weapons/m3s90.htm

Your gun looks a little like a Benelli M3 Super 90... and for example, the pic in the link, it looks a little longer than what you have.

- Try to give his uniform more detail that suggests he's a rogue op. The simple, button down uniform top, the puffy, tucked in pants and the color scheme combine to make him look more like a WWI soldier than a modern super soldier.

7. It's supposed to be a shotgun. I found a picture on the internet. Maybe I should make it a bit bigger or elongate the barrel.

8. I know it's a shotgun. The link in my post is for a shotgun.

9. umm.... no it wasn't. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the correct term for that weapon is banana.

I'm going to make the changes around Monday - Tuesday when I don't have to work or some sort of social obligation. After that it's booked until Christmas?

10. I just decided to do it now before I get up for church tomorrow. But your gun image is down. I like the colours of the uniform, but I need to do more research before I make major changes to it. Usually the bad ass guys have a headband or ripped off sleeves.

But I want to try and add a bit more than that, maybe some stickers or maybe low-brow stiching.