Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Tekken 4: Most broken fighter ever?

1. Tekken 4: Most broken fighter ever?

Well there is always MVC2...

I know that there are crazy combo videos for just about every fighting game out there, but this basically proves what I've always said about T4. Its broken as all hell.

http://www.hameko.tekken.org/movie/raijin-lee-combo.mpg

Look at how simple that was. The throw was useless, and so were all of those kicks. The walls didn't even have anything to do with it. Roar...I seriously can't believe that people play this game in competition.
    Play Guitar Hero //

I think the whole Tekken series is pretty broken, depemding on your definition of the word.

3. I think namco should just apply the 'tag' feature to the series from here on out. Tekken Tag is a fun game, Tekken 4 is not.

Just think:

A few years ago, stating dislike of (ie) Tekken 3 in a public forum like this would have generated a decent volume of response with quite a few people vocally supporting the title and the series.

We're halfway through 2002... few people have anything good to say about Tekken 4, and even fewer disagree... everyone else seems to silently ignore the series that captivated millions years prior.

Speaking as someone that's been against Tekken since Day One I can't say it bothers me.

Maybe Namco will take the hint and spare us from Tekken 5.
    One can only pray.

5. Originally posted by Rick
    I think the whole Tekken series is pretty broken, depemding on your definition of the word.
    My definition of a broken fighting game is basically something that ruins the game and turns it into a skilless pile of trash. For example-

MVC2: Corner trapping in 8937283975 different ways for entire matches.
    CVS1: Throws that made multiple hits raised your super bar..I forgot how that one worked though.

Stuff like that. I know Tekken has always had a proboblem with juggles everywhere but this was was just too simple and too stupid. Im shocked that Namco hasn't stopped infinite juggles in the series.

I used to like Tekken at one point, but I never thought it was that great of a game. I hated Tekken 1, when Tekken 2 came out my life was already consumed by VF2, Tekken 3 was fun but it still had juggle problems, and TTT I never cared to pay attention to.
    Play Guitar Hero //

Speaking as someone that's been against Tekken since Day One I can't say it bothers me.
    I can relate to this statement.

7. Originally posted by dog$
    A few years ago, stating dislike of (ie) Tekken 3 in a public forum like this would have generated a decent volume of response with quite a few people vocally supporting the title and the series.
    You're telling me. The heat I got from some places after I began hating Tekken 3 was insane, people would flame the hell out of me for me saying anything bad about it.

I liked the first ones, but that was also well before I was "serious" about fighting games and began to actually learn them. I just tried to be as cheap as I could and would screw around, which Tekken seemed to work great with as long as I didn't care about improving skill or winning. The I began to learn fighting games... and then I hated Tekken with a burning passion...

I actually had someone come over yesterday while I was playing VF4 and ask me if it was Tekken 3. One of my roommates who really knows my taste in games well told him to not utter that name again in conjunction with VF or I'd be likely to kill him. Personally, I'm kinda looking forward to having someone pick up Tekken 4. Why, you might ask? Because I have a few friends who are rabid defenders of Tekken over every other fighting series, and I wish for nothing more then to learn how to be insanely cheap and master the art of cheese in T4 just to spank them all in horrendously pathetic ways.

Maybe then I can get them to try and learn some VF4...

8. tekken has always sucked. you don't need to call it broken, just call it shit. shit is a wonderful word because it encompasses everything that is wrong with tekken, not just that one aspect.

9. I've never liked Tekken. Ever. I like Capcom and SNK 2D fighters and Soul Calibur, but that's about it. And Smash Bros., but that's more of a party game than a fighter. Boo on Tekken!

10. The only reason I played through any of games in the Tekken series was to see the ending movies.

Nothing more, nothing less.

And I had a hell of a time forcing myself to beat the game with everyone in part 3.