Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Searching for some wacky games

1. Searching for some wacky games

Need something quirky and insane to play, my collection doesn't hold much other than Vib-Ribbon, Bangai-O and Tech Romancer. It doesn't need to be pink elephants racing around in panties across a candycane racetrack but something with a lot of humour. Nothing from 8-bit systems or PCE is of interest but other than that I'm all ears for whatever you have to bring to the table

In a recent issue of a Swedish mag they highlighted a few games that I would appreciate if anyone could give me some impressions on, Super Galdelic Hour, LSD, Pepsi Man, Power Diggerz (Power Shovel Ni Norou).
    I also remember, I think it was Sony who released it, a title for PS2 named Space Fishermen, anyone know what I'm thinking of?

2. Rising Zan for Playstation. Totally. Get it now.
    A is for action

3. Rakugaki Showtime - you can heal in your own puke

and Gitaroo-man GO! GO!

4. Top Shop is pretty nutty. Rent-A-Hero No. 1 is said to be much the same way.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Bo Bo Bo Bo
    Bo Bo Bo

At least I think thats the name. I remember there being a thread about it, but the search feature sucks ass like that.

6. I owned Gitaroo man at one point but the game got so difficult, only made it to the stage where you're chased by some space shark, might pick it up again since it's dirt cheap, that and Mr Mosquito.
    Downloaded a vid of Rakugaki Showtime at ikaru.com, didn't look like a game that I could see myself playing more than a few hours, since I would be playing it alone.

Bo Bo Bo Bo.. remember the system?

7. GBA and PSX/PS2 I believe.

8. I have Pepsiman. Pretty funny stuff, but it helps if you're familiar with the Japanese Pepsi commercials he came from. You can probably still watch the old ones, and yes, the new Pepsi Twist ones, at http://www.pepsi.co.jp still.

And Rising Zan is solid gold. If you watch the intro alone and listen to the song in it, you've already justified the price of purchase.

9. Gitaroo Man, the Parappa games, One Piece Mansion, Okage the Shadow King...

I have to get this in before 88mph gets here....

FAG!