Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today was (supposed to be) THE day

1. Today was (supposed to be) THE day

From GAF:

Infinium Labs, makers of the new Phantom console, have announced that online ordering for the new system will start this Monday, December 15th. Furthermore, for a limited time, “lifetime subscriptions” to the Phantom Game Service will also be offered, which may be important considering the console’s entire feature set revolves around online connectivity to download games off the Phantom Network. Those interested in what hypothetically could be the next big thing should check Phantom.net to see if the store indeed goes up.
    link

I really can't believe that they would go as far to take actual CC# for this vaporware.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    From GAF:

link

I really can't believe that they would go as far to take actual CC# for this vaporware.
    It's not vaporware. It's a scam. The difference is they will provide a cheap product and charge 50x (at least) what it's worth to suckers just like they've ripped off their investors.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. *goes back to playing N-Gage*

4. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    *goes back to playing N-Gage*
    Pwned!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    B-B-But that was the whole IDEA!
    Subatomic Brainfreeze, Licensed Professional

6. Phantom. What a fitting name for that thing.

7. I'm just surprised they've gotten this far at all. I mean, really... No one (intelligent, anyway) expects this thing to be real. Pre-registering to pre-order? Come on now.

Best gaming scam I've seen, that's carried on so well.

Yup.

And for about a 1/4 the price, I'm in the middle of building a PC with video out to go in my living room. Whee.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. ...I can't wait to see how much one of these things will fetch on ebay ten years from now...assuming anyone even RECIEVES one.

Infinitum Lab's Phantom: Someone is gonna end up in jail

10. I am going to put a pre-registration for sale on eBay.