Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Teen Titans

1. Justice League is really good now. I like how they had Clark still believing in Santa. That was funny.

Teen Titans is horrible. I thought it would be an extension of the style of the DC shows that came before it , but it isn't. I only saw 3 episodes but they were all just random nonsense.

Guy Gardner was ok
    He needs to show up in Justice League. As the idiot with the yellow ring and not. . .whatever it is he became.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Got a link? I'd get a Raven, depending on how good it looked, and maybe a Cyborg.
    Nope, and I've been looking for quite a bit, now. Pick up the most recent of Toy Fair, as they're all featured in it. Cyborg looks pretty cool, but Raven's has got to be the best. She's all floating on a purple cloud and everything. If I do happen to find pictures, I'll post them.

Also, they're DC Direct, so you're going to have to find a place that sells DC Direct merchandise, but that shouldn't be difficult at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    What I really want to see is a Batman cameo. That's all I ask for.
    Yeah, there was one episode with Robin being manipulated by Deathstroke that had him fighting on top of a Wayne Enterprises Building. I thought for sure Batman would show up and smack around the Boy Wonder and Slade but I was surprised that he didnt... I guess the writers want to show that the Titans can handle themselves w/o any help from the leaguers..

Quote Originally Posted by REGUS

Oh, and speaking of DC shows, Justice League has REALLY come around. Complete 180. The first season of the show was complete shit, but now each episode is better than the last, with only a few missteps along the way. Did any of you see that episode when Superman went to the future with Randal Savage? That was fucking awesome. Or the one with the Justice Lords? That was really good too. And that last episode with The Joker was fucking great.
    While I like the Titans to be honest I'd rather be watching the League or some brand new Supes or Batman episodes - DC definitely has a good track recored on the cartoons they are pumping out...

Quote Originally Posted by REGUS
    or the talking nut sack.
    LOL - I mustve missed that guy thank God-

lithium Guest
    I like Dark Knight, like Batman Beyond, like Superman and love love love Justice League, but can't get into Teen Titans. I dunno. It also appears to be aimed at a slightly younger audience than the rest.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    And that last episode with The Joker was fucking great.
    Agreed. I also really liked how they used it as an origin story for the Royal Flush Gang, which was introduced in Batman Beyond... should have known the Joker had something to do with it.
    For a dark man shall come unto the House of God, and the darkness shall be upon him, yea, even within him.

-- From Noctropolis: Night Visions

http://www.darquecathedral.org/images/drkcathedral.jpe http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/mko.jpe

6. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Because GL is part of Teen Titans how...?? I think they were just trying to follow comic continuity, since Kyle Rayner is off in space or something right now, and Jon Stewart is Earth's GL at the moment.

because i was talking about DC comics cartoons in general

and last time i read the comics there was no more GL corps and Kyle was the last one in all the universe

i dont know if theyve changed that since then but if they have thats lame it was cool having Kyle be the only GL left
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. The Royal Flush Gang is hot.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv

and last time i read the comics there was no more GL corps and Kyle was the last one in all the universe

i dont know if theyve changed that since then but if they have thats lame it was cool having Kyle be the only GL left
    Here it is in a really weird sort of nutshell.

According to what I read in the GL flashback comic, GL went to space, has done alot of crazy shit, got some kind of super omnipotent power, and brought back the corps and the guardians, and made John a new power ring among other stuff that I can't remember. He also brought Kilowog back from the dead, and I guess he's been in space for awhile now. It's a stupid story, but Marz comes back to write soon (the one who offed Hal Jordan and created Kyle), and wants to bring Kyle back to earth and make the comic decent again.

But according to Marz... there was always plans to bring back the corps, but the idea he had was to leave Kyle as Earth's GL, and make Stewart the head of the Corps, but he left the comic before that idea came about. One of the main reasons he said why Kyle was the last GL, because for a few years he wanted to concentrate ONLY on Kyle to build up his character.

Nobody's read the spoilers I posted yet? None of them go into details, but it's cool seeing the plans they have for Teen Titans the JLA. And the reason why JLA hasn't been featured, is because they want the Titans to be shown as a formidable group on their own, rather than JLA Junior.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

9. good i hope he puts Kyle back as the earths GL i really like Kyle alot
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv

Kyle became a new hero called "Ion," wherein he had the power of ALL the GLC, so he could be everywhere at once, setting things right before they ever went wrong.

He eventually gave the power up to birth the Watchers all over again, because it was they who gave him his ring, his ring was able to give thewm back their lives.

He still has a power ring, and it's the most powerful ring any GL has ever seen.

I imagine with the rebirth of the Watchers, a new GLC isn't far behind.

Because of this story arc, Kyle is considered to be an even greater GL than Hal could ever have been.

Look it up. It's been compiled into a trade paperback, and I think it'll run as cheap as $10. It's SO worth reading, especially if you like Kyle.