Thread: Why is IGN so bad, lately?

1. Why is IGN so bad, lately?

I haven't read them in a long time... not since dc.ign.com stopped updating on a regular basis. There was a game I wanted to check out, and I was wondering what the IGN reviewers thought of it. I checked PS2 and XBox... the PS2 people seemed to know their stuff, but they were somewhat slow to update and catch all games in their reviews. The XBox people... well, they seemed like hardcore PC gamers with a vendetta against games that feel like console games on the XBox.

Well, that's just my perception.... I wonder how they let this happen. In fact, there seems to be a certain lackluster quality in most of the gaming news sites these days. Anybody else notice this change in the wind, lately? Sorry if this might be an old subject... I just noticed this recently.

2. All the big sites suck now. didn't you get the newsletter? IGN is worthless to me. their exclusive content consists of downloads, reviews and rants. you can get anywhere. and if you want in-depth coverage of something, you're better of going to a more specific site.

3. Honestly, if it wasn't for IGN DVD, I wouldn't visit the site at all anymore. At least the guys running that portion still seem to care about putting quality conent out there. But otherwise, yeah, the whole website's gone to hell in a handbasket
    omg TNL epics!

Andy787 Guest
    If IGN's news were as good as say Magic-Box's, I'd get Insider because I like how IGN's movies are done. But since Gamespot is much better for news, has video reviews, and just as many videos, I'll probably be getting Gamespot Complete.

5. for sure, MagicBox feeds the fan in me.
    as far as IGN, we all now the Insider thing is a crock of bullshit.

as far as lackluster news, i think it is because THERE IS NO NEWS right now...

the industry has really slowed down as far as development is concerned, and the newfound competition is keeping all the major companies tight lipped about their projects, etc.

lets hope E3 breaks this dry spell. IGNs reviews are not that bad IMO.

ok, bye.
    -----------------------
    http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/dhalsim-yyy.gif
    -----------------------

6. Just to add a spin to the above reasoning...around this time of year..it is ALWAYS going to have that "dry spell". A lot of information is embargoed until E3, and you bet there will be a great deal of gaming announcements made.

Regardless if you like IGN or Gamespot more or least - this is the general climate for news, and to someone that is looking to be edified and well informed - it's somewhat of a downer.

I am sure you'll find plenty to appreciate about them 2 weeks from now.

7. LATELY?

They have been ass for a long time now... IGNDC used to be great whn they covred imports and whatnot...

But that was a long time ago, now...

8. Originally posted by Metal_Slug
    LATELY?

They have been ass for a long time now... IGNDC used to be great whn they covred imports and whatnot...

But that was a long time ago, now...
    That's exactly where IGN died for me. They had all these previews of Sakura Taisen 3 and then the game finally comes out... nothing. Not a whisper. After that, only the import message board was worth hitting, and then they took that away too.

So long IGN. We can bury you right next to Daily Radar.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. IGN has always sucked, its just when you used to be able to get the suckiness for free it was easy to pass over and shake it off. I mean, paying for people's opinions on video games.....doesnt that just seem a little unjust to anyone besides me?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. Originally posted by Satsuki

I mean, paying for people's opinions on video games.....doesnt that just seem a little unjust to anyone besides me?
    I guess you do not buy video game magazines.

Oh and, in all my years on the internet, I've never relied on major websites for my gaming news.