Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameboy Advance in 2004

1. Mega Drive Gameboy Advance in 2004

This year has been extremely good for the little GBA, so it's hard to imagine 2004 topping this year imo. But looking through the releases, and with a few very recently announced titles, there seems to already be quite a lot to get excited about in 04 for GBA.

One of the closest big games coming, is the next 2d Metroid; Metroid: Zero Mission. Apparently it is a remake of the original, and given how excellent Fusion was, I really can't wait to get my hands on this.

Square Enix's next game for the GBA, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, should add another great RPG to the system's ever growing library.

I still don't think any substantial info has been released about Mario & Donkey Kong as of yet, but it certainly looks like a return to the classic, original Donkey Kong style of long ago, and that sounds mighty nice to me

I'm sure I should be ashamed of myself, but sadly, I have yet to play an Astro Boy title, but that will definitely change when Astro Boy: Tetsuwan Atom is released. The screens do look nice, but they really don't do the game justice, as it looks just fantastic in motion.

The sequel to the recently released Shining Soul, which didn't fare too well critically, but looked wonderful, Shining Soul 2 keeps it's good looks, but is supposedly a much better game

I think sggg already cued a lot of people on Sonic Battle, but it still deserves being on the list, as it looks purty.

Just recently announced, Mega Man Mania should be an excellent little compilation, which includes all of the original GB Mega Man titles, all with updated graphics as well as artwork and other extras. The GB Mega Man games were great imo, so I'll be picking this up on release for sure.

Atlus continues being a bastion for great niche gaming on the GBA, adding another Technos title to the it's library with River City Ransom EX.

I'm still hoping and prying Nintendo brings over Mother 1 + 2 in 2004 as well. It would quite frankly be an injustice to the human race if Nintendo does not, and I may very well petition the Government to have Nintendo shut down on terms of indecency to people, if that is the case.

And there are several more big titles that will be hitting in 04 currently without screens, such as F-Zero: Falcon Densetsu, Sonic Advance 3, a new Shining Force (unknown what the specifics are on it, though), Metal Slug Advance, and Donkey Kong Country 2. Anyone else looking forward to any of these games, or any other GBA titles I missed?
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

GBA pwns for free.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. I'm looking forward to every one of those games, and I think I'm more anxious about the games on the GBA then anything on a next gen system come 2004.

I give this about 10 more posts before it turns into flames, and someone like Dog$ says we're all stupid for liking the GBA.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

4. I loooove my GBA.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. You forgot the new Kirby game.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    I'm looking forward to every one of those games, and I think I'm more anxious about the games on the GBA then anything on a next gen system come 2004.

I give this about 10 more posts before it turns into flames, and someone like Dog$ says we're all stupid for liking the GBA.
    Yeah, isnt that getting fucking old..

7. Those games all indeed make an awesome lineup, but I've still got some catching up to do with others.

8. I just picked up this tasty morsel from lik-sang yesterday:

The next best thing to an official Hello Kitty edition SP (which I will get if/when it's released).

Soon my holidays will be filled with Mario & Luigi, Golden Sun 2, Fusion and Aria of Sorrow. All the stuff I passed up in '03 'cause I wasn't digging my regular (Hello Kitty!) GBA's design.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I'm sure I should be ashamed of myself, but sadly, I have yet to play an Astro Boy title
    Nothing to be ashamed of. All previous attempts at an Astroboy game sucked the proverbial nuts. This is the first one to really make good use of the liscense and the first to not suck.

10. Mario Golf
    pwned by Ivan