Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take-Two announces a whole crapload of stuff..

1. Take-Two announces a whole crapload of stuff..

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/031218/185203_1.html

Future Publishing Highlights

Rockstar is pleased to announce Red Dead Revolver from Rockstar San Diego, the developers of Rockstar Games' best-selling Midnight Club and Smuggler's Run franchises. As a major new franchise from Rockstar Games, Red Dead Revolver is a stylish, western themed, gun-fighting extravaganza intended for release on the PlayStation®2 and Xbox(TM) in the second fiscal quarter. Additionally, Rockstar looks forward to the expected March release of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for PlayStation®2 and PC in Japan, under a license agreement with Capcom Co., Ltd.

As previously announced, Rockstar also expects to introduce The Warriors(TM), a new title based on the Paramount Pictures feature film. The release date of the title has been moved from the second fiscal quarter to the third fiscal quarter. Additional Rockstar products planned for fiscal 2004 include the next installment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise, which will be released in the fourth fiscal quarter. Rockstar also plans to release Manhunt for Xbox(TM) and the PC as well as an extension of the Grand Theft Auto franchise for the Game Boy® Advance during fiscal 2004.

Gathering's lineup includes Vietcong: Fist Alpha, an add-on to the popular Vietcong, and Vietcong: Purple Haze which will include Vietcong and Fist Alpha together; Destruction Derby Arena on PlayStation®2, the next generation installment to the successful PlayStation® franchise, Destruction Derby, complete with full online playability; a sequel to the popular Hidden & Dangerous franchise, and the introduction of several new properties from Gathering's distribution arrangement with Destineer Publishing. Titles planned for release under the Gathering label from TDK's portfolio include Robotech and Spy vs Spy.

Global Star is focusing on building strong, aggressively-priced game franchises primarily for the console systems, across various popular genres including racing, sports and action games. Global Star's lineup of original sports and racing titles includes Carve, a personal watercraft based racing game for the Xbox(TM), with online racing capability on Xbox(TM) Live, as well as Motocross Mania 3, the latest in the top selling Motocross Mania franchise, and a new console release in the successful Virtual Pool franchise. Global Star is also extending the recently acquired Army Men franchise with Army Men: Sarge's War for PlayStation®2 and Xbox(TM). Additionally, Global Star will release sports and racing console products from TDK's portfolio including Corvette and the PlayStation®2 title UFC: Sudden Impact(TM).
    Wow..
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. RDR LIVES!!! Hooray!
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Rockstar is pleased to announce Red Dead Revolver from Rockstar San Diego, the developers of Rockstar Games' best-selling Midnight Club and Smuggler's Run franchises. As a major new franchise from Rockstar Games, Red Dead Revolver is a stylish, western themed, gun-fighting extravaganza intended for release on the PlayStation®2 and Xbox(TM) in the second fiscal quarter.
    I thought Capcom was making this? Or was I just way off for some unknown reason?

4. "Rockstar is pleased to announce Red Dead Revolver from Rockstar San Diego ... Red Dead Revolver is a stylish, western themed, gun-fighting extravaganza intended for release on the PlayStation®2 and Xbox(TM) in the second fiscal quarter."

Oh my God, this just made my day.
    HOORAY, the rumors were true !!!!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    I thought Capcom was making this? Or was I just way off for some unknown reason?
    It was rumored that Rockstar was making the game for Capcom, and then Capcom traded them full rights in order to release GTA in Japan.

EDIT: See this for more details: http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=459

EDIT 2: If Rockstar wasn't the developer all along, let's hope they have kept the same look, style, and gameplay of the early RDR videos intact.

6. RDR is back!! Yay!

LOL Guest
    Rockstar is pleased to announce Red Dead Revolver from Rockstar San Diego, the developers of Rockstar Games' best-selling Midnight Club and Smuggler's Run franchises. As a major new franchise from Rockstar Games, Red Dead Revolver is a stylish, western themed, gun-fighting extravaganza intended for release on the PlayStation®2 and Xbox(TM) in the second fiscal quarter. Additionally, Rockstar looks forward to the expected March release of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for PlayStation®2 and PC in Japan, under a license agreement with Capcom Co., Ltd.
    They're publishing it for Capcom.

8. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas
    They're publishing it for Capcom.
    What that statement says is that Capcom and Take-Two have entered into a liscensing agreement for Capcom to publish certain games in Japan. It doesn't mean anything concerning the mystery surrounding RDR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

Here's the sequence of events as I understand them:

Red Dead Revolver was originally supposed to be developed by Angel Studios and published by Capcom.

Take-Two bought Angel Studios, and renamed them Rockstar San Diego. They would still fulfill their contractual obligations to other publishers (such as Capcom with Red Dead Revolver).

After that, Capcom decided that they had too many games in development, and they cancelled a bunch of them. One of the games that was dropped was Red Dead Revolver.

Capcom then struck some kind of cross-licensing deal with Take-Two, where Take-Two would get full publishing rights for Red Dead Revolver, in exchange for Capcom being able to publish Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in Japan.

Now, Take-Two owns both Red Dead Revolver and its original developer. It only makes sense that they would resume development on it.

10. I'm very happy about RDR, I was about put up a thread about it before seeing this. I really enjoyed Manunt, though I highly doubt I'd get the Xbox version since the graphics serviced the game well enough.
    pwned by Ivan