Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Racer is a Scammer!

1. Quote Originally Posted by 680x0
    The region 0 thing in the decription should've tipped you off.

That and all the chinese on the box :P

Or did he have no picture and decription like the auction you linked to?
    I did not know that it was the box set in the auction that I linked to untill I got the package. I know that the one in the auction is a boot. It seemed strange when I asked for photos and he delayed, but I needed this as a gift so I paid promptly.

I guess that I am just going to have to eat the $50 and let this be one of those learn from others experiences that you can tell your friends about. Get all of the details before hand. Normally I do this, but with the holiday season, and knowing that this is a trustworthy board, I did not give it much though... sucks to be me.

Thanks for that Bandit, but yea, omfgningas is right. The best thing I could try to do would be to send this boot to the company that released Bebop in the US and hope that they procicute him and then mabey I could see my money in like... 6 - 8 months. But that would be being a dick on my part too.

I think that I am just going to have to drop it here. At least everyone here knows about him and PayPal has him marked as a bad seller.

Thanks for all the comments.

-Regards

2. Good luck with everything -- and don't let it deter you from dealing here because there are a lot of us who would never pull crap like this.

If anything this served as a good lesson in Internet business -- most of us have been through this at some time and I suspect you will learn from it and that this won't happen in the future. I deal a lot with anime and Asian films, so there are a lot of questions to be asked first before buying...this thread serves as a good info thread for us all. My wife unintentionally got me the Bebop boot for Christmas last year -- dealt with the same thing -- she was really upset, but I told her it was a great gift. She got it off Amazon auctions too, so that sucked -- but it was truly the thought that counted anyway.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

3. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    If anything this served as a good lesson in Internet business -- most of us have been through this at some time and I suspect you will learn from it and that this won't happen in the future.
    This is the 3rd time it has happen, but the first time from a forum. The other 2 were ebay, first time I learned my lesson, always ask. Second time I ended up filling out a statement for a lawsuit against someone who sold over $1000 worth of product to about 7 people (I only bought a $35 item), that was over a year ago, nothing happen, never buy from someone with less than 5 + feedback and is still a new user, lesson 2. Now this, to many lessons to learn, costing me far too much.

4. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas
    Filing for mail fraud wouldn't work because, while Speed Racer is being a dick for doing this, he's 100% right about never mentioning that it's the official US box set. You got exactly what was described to you, it's just a shame he used your own assumptions to screw you.
    Its still worth a shot still.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shapermc
    This is the 3rd time it has happen, but the first time from a forum. The other 2 were ebay, first time I learned my lesson, always ask. Second time I ended up filling out a statement for a lawsuit against someone who sold over $1000 worth of product to about 7 people (I only bought a $35 item), that was over a year ago, nothing happen, never buy from someone with less than 5 + feedback and is still a new user, lesson 2. Now this, to many lessons to learn, costing me far too much.
    LOL -- damn you have bad luck -- sorry to hear that. Well what I meant really was that it is a lesson for us all -- so I'm glad you brought it up -- there are a lot of us, like my wife, who don't know the right questions to ask or what to look for -- this will hopefully enlighten people a bit.

6. I figured he was a shady character when I offered to buy Puzzle Fighter off of him and he responded with "well, if you send the money out first I will just ignore the other guy who wants it"
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hot Like Wasabi
    I figured he was a shady character when I offered to buy Puzzle Fighter off of him and he responded with "well, if you send the money out first I will just ignore the other guy who wants it"
    Puzzle Fighter for Saturn?

That's exactly how I got my copy, he IM'ed me out of nowhere one day and was like "if you still want it, and can send money right now through Paypal, I'll mail it out to you the next day, I'm sick of waiting on everyone else". And this was a week after I expressed interest in it and was told it was taken.

It seemed a bit odd, but I went for it, luckily I did receive my item.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shapermc
    I did not know that it was the box set in the auction that I linked to untill I got the package. I know that the one in the auction is a boot. It seemed strange when I asked for photos and he delayed, but I needed this as a gift so I paid promptly.
    Actually, the auction describes the set as a legit Asian set, and hence not a boot. If you can show me it's a boot, we'll go from there.

9. Isn't selling bootleg shit illegal? No matter that he didn't say it was legitimate--he shouldn't have been selling it in the first place. What a fucking ass.

10. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    Actually, the auction describes the set as a legit Asian set, and hence not a boot. If you can show me it's a boot, we'll go from there.
    Well -- that my friend is a boot. Bandai released it here and in Japan and the Japanese version has no Eng subs to my knowledge. And there is no Asian version. And if there was a Chinese release -- it would have only Chinese subs, as is the standard for official HK and mainland China anime releases.

Asian release is a nice way of saying boot most of the times, though there are legit HK and mainland releases of anime. This one is not.

Plus it's region 0. Add to it that the DVDs were all sold in individual cases and then compiled for the giant boxed set -- either way, this fold out case style is how all the bootleg sets are.

This is a boot.