Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Speed Racer is a Scammer!

1. I hate scammers, I hope they all die from itchy herpes on their dick and balls.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    I hate scammers, I hope they all die from itchy herpes on their dick and balls.
    Ummm...what about female scammers?
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

3. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas
    Filing for mail fraud wouldn't work because, while Speed Racer is being a dick for doing this, he's 100% right about never mentioning that it's the official US box set. You got exactly what was described to you, it's just a shame he used your own assumptions to screw you.
    No, it doesn't work that way at all. In a court of law, a judge would look at what a reasonable person in sound mental health would assume. Speed Racer gave him absolutely no reason to believe he wasn't getting a legit version.

And aside from that, it's illegal to sell bootleg goods in the first place so he has no possible defence. Any contract made with him - oral, written or implied - is automatically void and legally never existed in the first place. He owes you your money back.
    -Kyo

4. Quote Originally Posted by Shapermc
    I decided not to go with mail fraud. I got screwed, it happens. I hope that I was not the only thing that learned something. I just wish that the seller would have been willing to back up his product.

-Regards
    I guess Speed Racer learned that he could screw you and get away with it.

Nothing personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

5. Look, I can go no further. I use a hotmail email account. About 2 weeks ago my entire acount cleared out for no reason. Microsoft claims that cannot happen and refuses to take any responsibility. I lost all the emails. Aside from knowing what his account name here was and his address, I have nothing to go on any more.

As to say, I do not have a leg to stand on. I though about contacting Bandai, but I have no idea what would happen and it kind of worries me a bit. I am left with the burden of proof and aside from what is on this forum I have nothing. I had the mail fraud thing all filled out, it is sitting right here with me at work, but after loosing the email I have jack shit. Shit happens, it happen to me.

6. You have this thread and the other.
    You have a Paypal receipt that hopefully notes what you paid for.
    And I can provide you with an email where he basically admits he sold you a bootleg.

You have like three legs to stand on.

7. I don't know what avenue to take. I feel a bit out in the dark about this. I do not want to send someone to federal court (Mail Fraud) or send them to a possible worse fate (contacting Bandai). I am not that kind of person. I wish that the dealer would have just taken the refund offer...

YGPM burgundy

8. I wish he would have, too.

I'm not trying to browbeat you into pursuing some action you're not ready to pursue. I'm just trying to show you that you have choices and you're not just a helpless victim.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shapermc
    I don't know what avenue to take. I feel a bit out in the dark about this. I do not want to send someone to federal court (Mail Fraud) or send them to a possible worse fate (contacting Bandai). I am not that kind of person. I wish that the dealer would have just taken the refund offer...

YGPM burgundy
    Its not about bring person to court just for the money..its the principle. Its to show that they cant get away with things like this. If they can get away with you, than they'll try and do it to someone else. Once they do it to a couple of people and not get caught, next thing you know it, its a habit.

But burgundy has given you 3 proofs. As long you have his address, the 2 main important proofs is your payment, and the email that he sent to burgundy admitting to it. That right there shows he confessed. Whether he didnt mentioned it in the auction or not, he confessed.

10. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas
    Filing for mail fraud wouldn't work because, while Speed Racer is being a dick for doing this, he's 100% right about never mentioning that it's the official US box set. You got exactly what was described to you, it's just a shame he used your own assumptions to screw you.
    yeah NGF was good at that shit also...
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL