Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Airport security

1. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Whats the big deal here? Just take off your damn shoes. It takes about 2 seconds and zero effort of your time.

When I traveled from LAX two weeks ago they were telling everyone to take off their shoes and put them through the metal detectors. Everyone.
    Oh, having to take my shoes off didn't bother me. I just thought it was funny how they bothered to search for dangerous items in something that looked like this:

2. Did people forget that you can hollow out shoes (even flipflops) and make false bottoms?

They've got to check the shoes - you could be hiding knives or heroin needles or small bottles of cyanide!

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    DEAR SWEET GOD!!!!!

SOMEBODY KILL IT QUICK!!!!!
    Why haven't we waged war on Richard Simmons yet?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander
    Why haven't we waged war on Richard Simmons yet?
    I blame Letterman.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    I blame Letterman.
    The way I see it, one day Simmons is going to show up on The Late Show in a g-string and Letterman's gonna shove Regis through Simmons' stomach while Paul sings showtunes. Wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Nappa
    Stuff that boggles my mind because it is still possible:

I drove my car down the road without getting clearance from the authorities. I could have driven anywhere and ran into anything.

I live in a house with totally opaque walls and a roof. I could be plotting any wacky terrorist plot imagineable in there, right on US soil. You think they'd at least install cameras or something....

Just the other day a guy at Wendy's served me a hamburger. I honestly don't know how I'm still alive. There was no armed burger marshel in the kitchen making sure that the kitchen staff didn't attack me with any of the numerous kitchen knives. Custormers were alowed to walk right in with bulky coats on without even passing through metal detectors! Any one of them could have shot the whole place up. The cashier didn't even fingerprint and I.D. me when I bought my burger. I could have been a wanted criminal on the run from the cops for all they knew, and all it would have taken would have been a simple test to find out. This rampant "assuming people are innocent" thing is gonna' get somebody killed....

Oh! Wait! I know how all of those above things are still possible. It's because the vast majority of people on this planet don't have the motivation, balls, blind religious faith, organization, money, or insanity to kill random people they've never met before, possibly in a suicide fashion. I still think this country needs to chill out a bit with airport security.
    That is the way I look at it. Instead of uping airline security, we should figure out what it is that is pissing these people off and quit it. Human beings are not naturally evil, assholes yes, evil? No. If they were, this would happen all the time. If they were, they would find another way to do it. There are dozens of ways to take out lots of people at one time that do not envolve airplanes. And besides, no matter what they do, they will never be able to do enough to prevent the day that ninjas try to hiighjack a plain. Think about it, ninjas, what they going to do? Nothing, you can't stop the ninjas. Well, you could get a even better, darker ninja with a unknown past to stop them, but how are we going to put one of those on each and every plain? You can't, end of story. Oh and god forbid they have robotic ninja space monkies to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by M
    i've flown alot cross country since sept 11 and.... its getting worse not better. i mean sure I can bring my crocheting needle and nail clippers, but out of the 10 times I've flown cross country I've gotten "random" searched at least 6 times.

its a waste of time and I have to stand there with my legs spread, my arms out and my glasses and shoes somewhere else while they rummage through my carry on.

It must be a statistical anomally how much I've been "selected" to be searched. but i think its just because i'm flying cross country alone and my age i think. still annoys the shit out of me and I dont like flying anymore.

You know how you look, so you should have a good idea why someone would want to feel you up. I know if I worked at a airport I'd do random searches for girls your age. "hmm, ms, could you spread em, we gotta do a "random" search for guns"

8. Its all neccessary. Want me to close the thread?