37 21.39%
  • Gamecube

38 21.97%
  • Game Boy Advance

35 20.23%
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1929313233

Thread: System of the Year

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Found these specs. Looks like the GC has less of everything except cpu cache, unless these are wrong for some reason. Next question: Why hasn't the GC done 720p or 1080i? And why would developers make the Xbox version of multi-platform games look better if the GC is so technically superior (for instance, Prince of Persia)? Shouldn't they put those enhancements on the GC version as well, or is it a Saturn-like deal where the programming effort isn't worth the output?
    Yeah, exactly.

By all accounts, all of the debates that I've ever seen ended up saying that while the GC is more efficient at doing certain things (such as texture compression), the XBox "Overall" is more powerful. That seems to jive with everyone saying that multi platform games seem to be the best there, as oppossed to GC.

I can't argue with this myself, but with what I've found and read at other, more objective sources. I wish I could find some spec debates I've read at places such as Beyond3D message board and other places. They all knew what they were talking about and had valid points. Most seemed to surmise that XBox was more powerful, even if it was only slightly.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Except that 2.4 million for the GBA is actually the number of GBA SP's they've sold in 2003. They sold another 1.1 million GBA units as well, for a total of 3.5 million GBA/GBA SP's for the year 2003 in Japan.
    Yeah, you're right. I failed to point that out, thanks for the correction.

I also saw a different set of numbers for all the consoles recently, but its still quite close to what I originally posted so its not really worth pointing out.