37 21.39%
  • Gamecube

38 21.97%
  • Game Boy Advance

35 20.23%
Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: System of the Year

System of the Year

I'm going to be an indecisive bastard and not vote but I'm interested in knowing what everyone else will choose. Base your choice on this year's releases only.

The systems excelled in different areas.

Xbox and PC provided great online gaming and the open-ended games I love. Plus, the multi-format games tended to be best on these systems.

PS2 had the most variety as usual, from great SRPGs to gun games. The quantity of good PS2 exclusives is very high. Having the most third-parties is a major benefit.

GC managed to get a handful of good exclusives as well. I was disappointed in the first-party games though.

GBA proved that portable gaming can actually hang with the TV consoles with innovative stuff like Wario Ware.

GBA, then Xbox.

;_;
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. PS2 easily.

4. tough choice between PS2 and GBA.

5. Xbox or PC. Nothing else comes anywhere close.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. Hands down for me, GBA SP. Nothing got more playtime from me other than that system.

7. I went with the Cube. I only used my XBOX for online(tons of fun) and I don't think I played shit on my PS2. The GBA kicked ass as usual, but it was mostly rehashes.

8. GBA/SP > GC > PS2 = Xbox = PC.

The GBA has had Ninja Five-O, Golden Sun 2, Mario & Luigi, Puzzle Fighter, Double Dragon, Sonic Advance 2, FFTA and many other great games this year. Best console by far.

About the three-way tie: I like some of the titles the PS2 has had this year, but I've actually bought more GC stuff and my PS2 has laid silent for a while, with the exception of Ape Escape 2. The Xbox finally got a few titles I actually want to play (like Crimson Skies), but I'll get around to those when I can get a modded unit on the cheap. The PC is metioned soley for Halo Internet play, which got me back into FPS games. In my reality, that makes all three about equal.

9. just an fyi:

Those who are secretly voting for Gamecube, your IP's are being logged, your position is being triangulated and Icepick & DiffX are hunting you down right now.

10. Actually, vB does track who voted for what and what their IPs are, so that's not entirely infeasible.

ph33r, or some such.