Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January Comic Book Thread

1. January Comic Book Thread

I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I really don't give a damn.

Any good TPBs schedeuled for Jan.?

I dunno, but I got the Obsidian books like someone suggested. Possibly Will. They were cool. APACHE CHIEF?? WTF!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Obsidian? Care to type up a bit of an exposition on it?

I just got 40% off on a bunch of new TF comics

5. Anyone read the Feb. ish of Amazing Spiderman? JMS has an awesome sense of humor.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Obsidian? Care to type up a bit of an exposition on it?
    In a nutshell - a new JLA is formed when the Supes,Bats,Wonder Woman, current crew jump into the past through some weird portal on Atlantis to help save Aquaman. The new JLA consists of Nightwing (leading it !) Green Arrow, Demon/Jason Blood, Atom,HawkGirl, and 2 new guys.A new threat pops up in the present that was a threat in the past the JLA goes to. The Supes/Bats JLA get their asses handed to them by a primevil old school JLA.And Batman actually KILLS one of the members !(In the fight the Flash gets totally owned).Eventually both teams end up combining forces to defeat said threat thanks to the APACHE CHIEF

The only new char was Faith... who's wacky, but cool. The other Disaster guy's been around as a badguy/good guy/badguy.

OMFG I don't think owned can fully explain what happens to the Flash. He might be second string, but he's one of my favorites, and I almost crapped my pants.

And Plastic Man, wow. He IS my favorite. And what they did to him... kinda like Marvin the robot from HHGTtG. Fuck. It was all around nuts and torture for the JLA. They went through hell, and it really affected a lot of them.
    My Backloggery

8. So like what happened to the scrubs that were in the JLA arround the time of Supe's death? Did the Martian Manhunter just throw his hands up about being Blood Wind? I know Blue Beetle woke up but never really followed up after that.

I aslo plan on doing some major back issue work with the X-Men soon because none of that shit makes any sense to me right now.

9. This Obsidian thing sounds really neat. I'll have to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by SA
    Did the Martian Manhunter just throw his hands up about being Blood Wind? I know Blue Beetle woke up but never really followed up after that.
    OH THANK YOU THANK YOU IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!

I remember that while the weak JLA was fighting Doomsday, but I thought I'd never find out who Bloowind really was. Wow, I'm so dumb, J'onn, of COURSE!

Yeah, the JLA gets pwned, but they're the heavy hitters: Supes, Batman, WW, GL, Flash, teh Martian Manhunter, and Plas. Who is awesome. Oh, and Flash gets fucked up nasty WAAAAAY worse than Blue Beetle by Doomy. WAY WORSE. I'm telling you, pants=shitted.

I hate the X-men, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and the rest of Marvel.
    My Backloggery