Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Max Anime Folded?

1. That's his gimmick.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    That's his gimmick.
    Well, he needs to get a new one.

Don't be a hater.

4. He's not a hater he just crush a lot.

Boricua, morena, boricua, morena.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Zenigata
    We had some people in this impatient phase, some faithfully doing their work and waiting and some not saying anything. So little, in fact, that any “different ideas on what the site should be” were entirely unknown to me *poke poke* I don’t know why – I’ve welcomed input this whole time.
    Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, I must have skimmed over it.

I suppose I should clarify and say that these differences were from a PERSONAL standpoint, not a SITE standpoint. There wasn't really anything in particular that I differed from anyone else; it was just a general feeling of "things aren't working out for me personally." If there was anything in particular that could be fixed, you can bet that I would have spoken up.

I think the main thing was that all the other members had a certain drive that I didn't. I just wanted to have fun, write some reviews, crack some jokes. Becoming a huge, premier Internet site would have been nice, but it wasn't a personal goal of mine. Working with a site that was going so fast ended up proving stressful, and that very stress ended up becoming the death of my productivity. I became so paranoid about producing more, better writing that I became hyper-critical and ended up producing next to nothing. There's nothing more infuriating than stress-related writer's block.

I'm sorry that I didn't deliver the goods like Jesse, Brian, and the others. You have my sincerest apologies on that. If you want the truth, I couldn't talk about that earlier because I was ashamed to (and admitting to it now is still pretty damn hard). I hope there's no hard feelings concerning this, but I don't blame anyone if there is.

I don't really know what to say. Do I want to abandon Max Anime after as far as it has come? No. I want to contribute, but I certainly don't wish to be held to a different standard than the other writers; that's just flat unfair to everyone.

But I do think there's something I can still do to contribute. I'd actually been thinking about setting up a column for MXA where I write insanely negative, humorous reviews about really crappy anime and manga (because let's face it, those are fun to write as well as to read :P) and contribute that way. It would be fun for me, it'd contribute to the site, and it would take the "gotta get this done" pressure off me so I could write some "real" reviews.

Feel free to post your thoughts on that here; I won't be on AIM for a good while since I'm moving tomorrow so this is the best place to communicate.

P.S. If the site gets back up, remind me to send you the Fortune Quest review. I accidentally sent you my rough draft instead of the final copy. Figures I'd fuck up my biggest contribution thus far somehow. :P

6. Quote Originally Posted by CynicalSphere
    But I do think there's something I can still do to contribute. I'd actually been thinking about setting up a column for MXA where I write insanely negative, humorous reviews about really crappy anime and manga (because let's face it, those are fun to write as well as to read :P) and contribute that way. It would be fun for me, it'd contribute to the site, and it would take the "gotta get this done" pressure off me so I could write some "real" reviews.
    this isn't a bad idea. kinda like that animejump column where they rip on horrible knock off toys, no?

7. Quote Originally Posted by CynicalSphere
    Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier, I must have skimmed over it.

I'm sorry that I didn't deliver the goods like Jesse, Brian, and the others. You have my sincerest apologies on that. If you want the truth, I couldn't talk about that earlier because I was ashamed to (and admitting to it now is still pretty damn hard). I hope there's no hard feelings concerning this, but I don't blame anyone if there is.
    No worries. I’m just glad to know what it was. And don’t think you were the only one not being punctual, hehe.

I’m down for that. Sounds like it’d liven things up and give personality. I was always hoping you’d have some venue within the site to totally tear into stuff.

P.S. If the site gets back up, remind me to send you the Fortune Quest review. I accidentally sent you my rough draft instead of the final copy. Figures I'd fuck up my biggest contribution thus far somehow. :P
    You could’ve (and did :P) fool me on that one. I’ll keep it in mind.

8. I miss spamming up the Manga section with all things violent, twisted and obscure. Oh well I have my LJ community to subject to that stuff now d;cD RAWR!!!

9. I hear this is all a scam to sell T-shirts. MXA sells a few dozen . . . BAM! They suddenly come back.