Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disc Read Error

1. Disc Read Error

Beginning work on a webcomic that I hope to start soon, one that I'm drawing completely through my Wacom tablet. Here's one of the main characters, the other will be up as soon as I finish her design. Thoughts, anything you don't like?

2. Whoa, turbo evolved bunny ^_^

I definitely like it. It's unique, very strange, and well-done all in one nice art package. Have anything else from this project you can post? I'm intrigued.

and ps- I hate you. I wish I had a Wacom tablet. OH NO, I still use hard media. o.O

Um, won't it be a lot of work to redraw that thing every week?

Or is this a monthly webcomic?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi
    I definitely like it. It's unique, very strange, and well-done all in one nice art package. Have anything else from this project you can post? I'm intrigued.
    Thanks, and not yet. I will soon though. Bun-bun (his name is Jinsq) is a spirit animal.
    and ps- I hate you. I wish I had a Wacom tablet. OH NO, I still use hard media. o.O
    I primarily stick with pencil and paper, this is really my first try at an actual something since I first got the tablet a year ago (or whenever).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Um, won't it be a lot of work to redraw that thing every week?
    Actually that rabbit is amazingly easy to draw, he only takes a few minutes and the coloring is pretty quick. It took a couple hours to make that picture above but I also had to figure out how to color it and what clothes I wanted on it, so I can probably do regular art of him in an half hour or less now. The female I'm working on as we type is taking a helluva long time to do because designing her is more complex then I'd originally imagined, but once she's finished the process should also speed up considerably for her.

The comic will most likely be weekly since I'm going to be coloring everything.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Beginning work on a webcomic that I hope to start soon, one that I'm drawing completely through my Wacom tablet. Here's one of the main characters, the other will be up as soon as I finish her design. Thoughts, anything you don't like?
    I love the design. Bunnies are always cool, especially ones just out of Tron. I'd put black borders on his blue lines to give them an indented feel, if you know what I mean.

If the paint program you're using can do it, drop all of your character colors into a floating custom palette so you can quickly choose and fill to make the coloring less painful. I do my own comic in greyscale simply to eliminating having to chose new colors for any new things I need to draw, because I'm very lazy.

Not much more I can say without knowing what this comic is supposed to be about.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. looks very digimon-ish. digimon, digital monsters, digimon are the champions!

*ahem*
    the design is nice and the colors are good. the blue tat (lack of a better term) design is good too, but i dunno, i think the blue itself stands out more than anything else. have you tried using a different color other than blue for that? or maybe add a hint of blue to him? maybe that's not even a good suggestion. bah. overall looks good though. can't really say much else but the same as what Ammadeau wants to know. the story.

7. Coolness.

Gives off a bit of a Bloody Roar vibe, which might not be the best thing to be associated with. (unless you're targeting game geeks it probably won't matter though)

Overall very neat, and like others have said I'd be interested in learning more.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    If the paint program you're using can do it, drop all of your character colors into a floating custom palette so you can quickly choose and fill to make the coloring less painful.
    Good idea. I was using Photoshop CS for the images so far but I'm about to try out Paintshop 8.1 to see if I like it better for actual drawing. My next picture (I should get to it tomorrow) will be testing Paintshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Victor
    the design is nice and the colors are good. the blue tat (lack of a better term) design is good too, but i dunno, i think the blue itself stands out more than anything else.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. The blue's kinda grown on me and I'm not sure what other color I could really use for that. I might test out red tomorrow, it'd be a simple layer color change to alter it. Also, I love Digimon, at least the first series of kids. The second group sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo
    Gives off a bit of a Bloody Roar vibe, which might not be the best thing to be associated with. (unless you're targeting game geeks it probably won't matter though)
    Funny, one of friends made the same comparision a couple hours ago. I don't really mind though.

As for the story I won't say too much just yet. It's set in a highly technological future (think Deus Ex or Ghost in the Shell) dealing with biomods that have given people psionic powers which also create a number of completely unforseen problems. I'm still working out a lot of details and it might be a while before I can actually sit down and work out the first strip.

Next up, Maria. The picture is a bit unfinished (I need to figure out what sort of shoes or boots she's going to wear) and I'm not yet sure if I want her to have green or purple hair. Aside from that she's pretty much done, although this is a shrunken image (1200 pixels high from 2000) done for viewing sake. Again, suggestions are encouraged. I tend to lose a bit of focus after staring at these designs for hours.

9. The board ate my post

Anyway, to summerize you should get Painter 8 to use (the upgrade version, it's cheaper), I like her eyes, but want a line for her nose and think there should splash of extra color than a solid red, maybe white specks that get more concentrated near the bottom of her pants.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. [...] and think there should splash of extra color than a solid red, maybe white specks that get more concentrated near the bottom of her pants.
    Here's a combination of that and a flame on a single pant leg (Jin style). As for the nose I tend to suck at drawing them and will probably stick to color alone. At least for the moment.