Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 to negate both CD & DVD as a medium for storage...?

1. Playstation 3 to negate both CD & DVD as a medium for storage...?

Skirmishing through the net I found a "concerning" article which deals with the PS3 storage format. According to gamefront.de, the PS3 will negate both DVD and CD as a storage medium... I hope and pray to Yu Yevon that this news-piece is false...^_^

I quoted the article below (gamefront.de)
    ----------------------------
    "Sony began with the development of the PlayStation 3. Several Japanese daily papers announce that such as Kyodo News and intelligence services such as Action press. The console is to be based completely on an optical high-speed net and to use not longer storage media such as DVDs or CDs.
    The heart of the console will be a chip, which is 200 times faster than chip in today's computers. The development of the chip will cost approximately 400 millions US $ (436 millions euro/50.8 billion Yen) to Sony. It is being made accessible also for different enterprises and industries like the television or electronics manufacturers. The console is therefore to be delivered 2005 in Japan."
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

2. Moreover, the article states that the PS3 will see a release in 2005...

3. That is total crap. I wouldn't support something like that. Storing save files is volitile enough, nevermind whole games on a shakey medium like a hard drive or the internet ("I'm sorry, the server is down now." "Bullshit, gimme my game !!").

- Kabuki

4. I'm pretty much sure thats just a bullshit rumors and hype. I dont see the dvds or cd going away, and those rumors of net based system are pointless.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    the only thing ive heard is that SONY is planning on changing the DVD laser color from red to blue (thus making all those $500 DVD burners people just bought obsolete for piracy...for a bit at least) and that they'd prolly use this technology in the next gen of PS.

6. Booo.

Stop posting rumors Jae

LOL!

7. Originally posted by bahn
    Booo.

Stop posting rumors Jae

LOL!
    Just reporting the news bro... However, the decison rest upon the reader to chose whether or not this new-piece is accurate...

8. They should use that format where everything is stored on lasers.

9. I hear alot of companies want to change to the blue laser technology
    supposedly blue laser disc can hold alot more

10. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I will NOT support that at all. Kabuki is exactly right, if the server goes down, or your hardrive gets whiped by accident, you can't play the game you purchased?! Thats retarded! I am so sick of Sony trying to jump to the 24th century all of a sudden. Why not do things that actually make sense to what people can actually live with. I want a hard copy of my game, not just something I download. It better be a rumor or I will give a big "Screw You!" to Sony.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!