Thread: Kenshin - Memories OVA impressions

1. Kenshin - Memories OVA impressions

Well, A while ago I posted my impressions about first part of Memories OVA. But last week my HK dvd of it came in, and it had both parts of this final chapter of Kenshin saga.

Here are some on my thoughts about it:

Just as in first Kenshin OVA, the quality of animation is excellent. Everything drawn great, and Kenshin and rest of the cast is shown in more mature, realistic way, without superdeformed or silly moments found in TV series. Music is also very good. First part of Memories takes place after the end of TV series, while Kaoru is waiting for Kenshi to comeback from one of his journeys. She becomes sick, and relieves all the times she and Kenshin had together, from the moment they met, and all the big moments in their love. Its more romantic than action packed, but also quite sad and moody. It does have one very good fight scene, where Kenshin takes on that Samurai who kidnaps Kaouru. Its a redrawn remake of the fight from tv series, and it looks great. At the end of part 1 Enishi takes Kaouru away, and it set the ground for the Kenshin vs Enishi showdown in the Part 2.

Part 2 starts with Kaoru being kept captive in the Enishi mansion, while he trains and prepares yourself for ineveitable the duel with Kenshin. The fight between them is very good, but some people might think it little short, but I had a good time watching it. After that storyline moves ahead into the later years of Kenshin life, with him slowly weaking from the diesise, and his life with Kaory and also shows his son Kenji. The end is very sad, but I thought it was a good end for such a grand epic story as story of Kenshin.

Hopefully it will come to US anytime soon. Otherwise, if you interested in seeing it now, look for HK dvd of it. The quality is very nice, and even though there are little bit of subtitle errors, it still not bad and very watchable.

Its not very action packed, and very moody, but I still enjoyed it much.

2. You lucky bastard, I can't wait to see this OVA.

D

3. i watched the fansubs and i agree with ya on the ending. i think its a great ending. wonder when ADV is gonna release the DVD cause i am definetly getting it.

4. my 2 bit on it...

...very depressing. i really liked it. the series made him to be this force to be reconded with, like some sort of God but after this you realize that he is still mortal...