Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interstella 5555

1. Interstella 5555

Daft Punk + anime = one of the best releases of 2003.

I've watched this disc twice in three days, and I see myself watching it many many more times in the future. A great story told soley through music and visuals - Pure awesomeness.

Anyone else grab this yet?

2. bought it like two weeks ago, but i can never seem to finish watching no matter how many times i start. it's like everytime i pop the disc in, something comes up and i gotta stop. no doubt it's a great disc, but the only problem i have with it is that the extras menu blows. no labeling of what is what hurts. animation for the 4 og vids are really good, but it looks like the quality dips a little for the remaining tracks. still a really good buy though. great music, great videos, wonderful storytelling.

[hidden easter egg]
    on the extras menu, have the screen image change to Daft Punk and then press UP on the remote. the star will be highlighted. press ENTER and you'll get a simple character sketch.

3. Oh, I didn't know this was out yet. I'll have to get it when I have extra cash. It'll go good with my other Daft Punk video collection dvd

4. It's inexpensive, which is nice. $19.99 MSRP, and Best Buy stocks it for like $13

5. I got it the day it came out... saw a leak on suprnova and then figured well hell, if there is a DVD Rip... there must be a DVD

Best music DVD I have. Period. I've seen it several times, and I'll see it several more times. Since I like the album it's good to just throw in at anytime.

6. This dvd is amazing!!!! The animation is beautiful and the music is awesome! I wish the dvd had a tad better video quality, but hey, its better than no dvd at all. What else by Leji Matsumoto should I check out? I love his style. Raaarrrr!

7. Blasted.

I've been to two different Best Buys at least two times each in the past couple of weeks... Nothing. Unless it's not in the anime section?

Must admit, you devils have piqued my interest.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Click_Stick
    Blasted.

I've been to two different Best Buys at least two times each in the past couple of weeks... Nothing. Unless it's not in the anime section?

Must admit, you devils have piqued my interest.
    Check the music DVD section under "Daft Punk." You should find it there for $13. Good thing its not in the anime section, because Best Buy would probably have it priced $10 above the MSRP.

9. Gah. I skimmed over that section, too... but it's always out of order. Thanks for the heads-up.

10. none of the Best Buys i've been to carry it either. and one of my friends went there the other day and saw Kiki's Delivery Service priced at almost $30. uh yea... i've never seen it at any of my local BB's.

Perky: you might be interested in the Galaxy 999 series, or Queen Esmerelda, or Captain Harlock. Matsumoto's done a whole lot more but he's (maybe?) best known for these.