Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad news for XBOX...

1. Bad news for XBOX...

According to National Console Support a mod chip has been developed to play burned XBOX games, no mention of whether it was able to play imports, which makes me believe this chip is only to play pirated games

This is bad news indeed, XBOX isn’t exactly leading the market and now will have a bunch of pirates hurting it chances even more

http://www.ncsx.org/2002/ncs050602/ncs0506.htm

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    yeah xbox source has stated that theres plenty of dumped games that "so far" are only playable on dev kits. the mod chip is a rumor that has been debunked. theres a video that shows a "modded xbox" but its so definately a hack its not even funny. so yes, games are dumped but theres no way to play them.....yet.

3. Yeah, too bad

But I would love to have an import solution for PS2 much more that for Xbox.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    oh you will....no later then the 15th, or so i hear.

5. Hey EThugg, remember how you called the XBOX a "second Dreamcast"?

Seems you were right...

6. I think he meant in reference to the style of games.

But hopefully that rumor stays a rumor and the xbox can continue to live in harmony, while pumping out some great titles.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

7. People are so fucking stupid! They want to play all these Xbox games, but don't want to pay for them so they pirate them, and than sales drop and the systems dies, and they sit there and are like, "Damn, the Dreamcast was great! Too bad there won't be any new games for me to download and burn on to a CD and play." Well why in the hell do you think the DC died you moron!!! Grrrrr! And pirates always use the same LAME excuse "Meh, they make enough money anyways." Well they won't make ANY money if you keep burning games, thus they don't have resources to make NEW games. It makes me so mad! I just want to punch those people in the throat!
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    i understand your frustration but your rant is totally misplaced. nothing short of the second coming of Christ could have made the DC a success and i hardly think he could have done much either. piracy did NOT kill it. go to Eidolons Inn and read the Scribes BRILLANT history of SEGA. the numbers were against them from the beginning and NO company with that much debt could have climed out of the hole they were in. but like i said...the Xbox games are dumped but there is NOT a modchip. will there be? sure but not yet. also i think the reference to the box being the 2nd DC Thugg made was in reference to the slew of homebrew emus and apps well be seeing shortly for the oversized juggernaut.

9. Originally posted by Despair
    Yeah, too bad

But I would love to have an import solution for PS2 much more that for Xbox.
    ever heard of a gameshark?

10. Originally posted by xS

ever heard of a gameshark?
    Since when is there a Gameshark for PS2 that let's you play Import games on a USA PS2?!