Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: The top 100 games of TNL *temporarily on hold*

Maybe it should just be an all-encompassing "Street Fighter 2 (all)", or a "Suikoden(1, 2)."

I don't agree with Suikoden 1 and 2 both being on there; I think every series should only take one spot, you know?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Maybe it should just be an all-encompassing "Street Fighter 2 (all)", or a "Suikoden(1, 2)."

I don't agree with Suikoden 1 and 2 both being on there; I think every series should only take one spot, you know?
    After thinking about it for a bit I'm in agreement. While the original Suikoden is a fantastic game Suikoden 2 just improves on everything it did so it should be over it on the list and since it's there the first game really doesn't need to be. The only time multiple games in the same series should be there are when they're significantly different from one another. For example Super Metroid & Metroid Prime, same series but 2 very different games. I'd have S Metroid on top by quite a few spots but that's just my opinion if a significant number of people disagree and can back up their claims then sure put Prime over it.

[edit]
    Jebus, I think we could fill a whole new board with discussion on this. Viva La Geeks!
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno Gigas
    After thinking about it for a bit I'm in agreement. While the original Suikoden is a fantastic game Suikoden 2 just improves on everything it did so it should be over it on the list and since it's there the first game really doesn't need to be. The only time multiple games in the same series should be there are when they're significantly different from one another. For example Super Metroid & Metroid Prime, same series but 2 very different games. I'd have S Metroid on top by quite a few spots but that's just my opinion if a significant number of people disagree and can back up their claims then sure put Prime over it.

[edit]
    Jebus, I think we could fill a whole new board with discussion on this. Viva La Geeks!
    Yeah, Suikoden 2 is a far superior game and is the only Suikoden game that belongs on the list. I think saying any game series on a list like this is a major rip off... it's a cheap way of saying, well we couldn't pick just one as the best so we picked them all. It pisses me off everytime I see something like that.

Man the Metroid games would be hard as hell to rank... which brings me back to one of the things I hate about trying to do lists like that, I can't decide if Super or Prime are the better game... they're both so different and so excellent.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I would like to create a top 100 most enjoyable games to play list. I will create a separate thread for and set the criteria up front using what I learned in school (Business Stats and such) and what I learned in the field regarding measuring consumer interest. Anybody who is interest in participating that is great, if you not, don't.

ok

Deus Ex
    X-Com
    Pac Man: CE
    Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon

DID I DO IT RITE?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

It's actually nice to see that one of the games on the list now has a sequel that is better than it, and would now replace it on the list.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.