Thread: Majyuuou

Majyuuou

I hope I spelled that right.

Anyone played this Super Famicom game? It's a horror-themed platform game with really small but detailed sprites. It's one of the better import-only SNES games.

No haven't played it do you have any gameplay screenshots?

Korian

3. I played Majuuou via emulation and it was a pretty generic platform game from what I remember. You controlled a street fighter with supernatural powers who was out to rescue his wife and daughter.

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/hzk/kommander/rvmjou.html

4. Hmmmm, that game looks pretty cool. I have been wanting to get a SFC exclusive game for quite a while now, but have never really know what to look for. Other than this game what are some other great SFC only games you recomend?
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

Import-only games? I know I'm forgetting important ones but here are a few that don't require Japanese knowledge-

I really liked Dragonball Z2. A lot people say it's shit but I think it's a great fighting game. And I know it isn't because of the license because I'm not a Dragonball fan.

Psycho Dream is a decent platform game. It's no masterpiece but it's a good game if you're into Telenet games.

GS Mikami is another good platform game. I think it's based on an anime.

Tenchi Sozo came out in Europe as Terranigma. I hear it's quite good. Quintet is a quality developer so I would trust it being good.

And Umihara Kawase Shun is a great plaform game.

6. Well Tenchi Sozo is an RPG, and I have very little intrest in RPGs. But Umihara Kawase Shun is one I have wanted to get for a while now, along with the Sequal on the PS. I have wanted this game since I read about the sequal in an issue of Gamefan.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

7. Originally posted by Clash_Master
    Other than this game what are some other great SFC only games you recomend?
    Violinist Of Hamlin (sp?) = really good action/platformer.

Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie = really good shooter as well.

Rockman and Forte = really good action game.

The others listed above are also worthy (with the possible exception of DBZ but that's just me )

8. Violinist of Hamlin is something I've been needing to get my hands on.

anyways,

Puzzle'n Desu - Super Ultra Cool puzzle game.

also, a thumbs up for DBZ 2. excellent soundtrack. an interesting story mode, and the fighting system is "competent", with the split screen gimmick also being nice, along with a decent assortment of attacks for each character.