Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Exile

1. Quote Originally Posted by Click_Stick
    Heh heh, whoops. I forgot to mention the key word 'vacation.'
    I assumed that is what you meant, but the way you said it was as if you hopped in a plane and flew across the world for a weekend getaway

Edit: I have a few book samples uploading on this page.
    I know that guy's work! I've seen his stuff on the net before. I love his style, mainly because the headgear is so cool (for some reason I'm a sucker for odd stuff on people's heads).

"If you missed the limited edition version of Futurhythm, here's your chance to get the standard, mass produced art collection by illustrator and designer, Range Murata! "

Is this the version you have?
    Damn I want that book...

2. I bought the LE, yea. I was going to hold out for the standard book, but I couldn't resist...

Speaking of "headgear," he actually has another book coming out at the end of the month featuring: "Concept illustrations, such as the clothes, a clock, shoes, a bag, a bag, accessories, etc. of the Murata ?? design, a production, exhibition sale of finished goods."

Weird.

http://www.pseweb.com/fa2003.htm
    http://www.tokyocentral.com/shop/exd.asp?id=2131

3. So how is the LE different from the normal version? I'm assuming the normal version is more book-like than the LE which looks like a binder to me.

4. Yea, the standard edition seems to be a plain ol' book...

The LE's page sizes are also bigger in size and thicker. [Although... only the first portion of the book is printed on thick material. The "4D" works images and whatnot are printed on typical glossy-stlye sheets. The LE also has that poster and calendar which I doubt the standard edition will include... And a protective hard plastic sleeve.

And here's a torrent for a Last Exile-specific artbook...

Tasty.

5. Seems like Last Exile has been picked up by Tech Tv and will be showing on the channel soon.

6. Interesting. DVD 2 (out of 7 or something) comes out February 3rd, so being so early in the series, I wonder if TechTV will only air the beginning half now.

7. This show is great - definitely a current favorite. Just wrapped up vol. 2.

The pacing is spot-on... and the cast of chracters is steadily growing in size and likability.

The Vanship CG work looks significantly better this time around... or maybe I'm just not being so picky. Anyway, I love the show's design.

Look for the DVDs with "Postcards included!" stickers in the corner. They're lovely. [Well, one is kinda ugly... but the other two are gorgeous, Murata-style.]

[T - two weeks until OST #1.]

8. I watched the first episode off of volume 2 the other day and can't wait to finish the rest, hopefully tonight. The show is just so damn cool !!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Click_Stick
    I bought the LE, yea. I was going to hold out for the standard book, but I couldn't resist...
    I hunted down the book at Anime Boston, but I only found the LE version which was $120 If I had the money to toss around I would have bought it, because it was damn sexy. How much did you get your copy for, Click?

10. Mm... around there. Goddamned exchange rate sucked at the time, so it was a bit higher. Worth it, though.

Definitely grab the regular edition if you can... It's only about $50 shipped from Amazon Japan. [And you can use this 500Y off coupon if you never ordered from them before: AMZNAFCCNCGC (expires 5/31.)]

The regular edition even has a few new images [such as the cover art.]

While I'm at it, scroll down for SPHERES stuff.

Oh, and have mercy upon anyone who has the patience to put that paper model together that was included with vol. 3.

EDIT: Hey, I want to see a picture of that card holder you mentioned in the Boston thread!