Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last Exile

1. Yeah, the sad thing is, that book is actually worth $100+ bucks. If I had the money I would have bought it. It's just that cool. Maybe after taxes are over I'll pick up the non-LE you linked to...

Quote Originally Posted by Click_Stick
    EDIT: Hey, I want to see a picture of that card holder you mentioned in the Boston thread!
    Here it is, via my scanner (the reverse side is blank). I believe it is brushed aluminum. They also had a sweet GunGrave one, but it didn't look very business-esque.

2. ok, i was talked into it. Traveled down to BB in the pouring rain because i really wanted something to watch tonight. Pick up the box, and it's $40. wtf dude. Checked the first DVD w/o box. $34. Again, wtf? All the other volumes were $25, so i got pissed and had to buy it elsewhere sans box for $25.

F you and your rising prices BB

3. It's funny because the Last Exile volume 1 prices at BestBuy are actually above MSRP.

4. I don't get the love for this show. It's just like every other Gonzo (and Production IG for that matter) show i've seen, all visuals and little substance. There's not much plot developed in the first 4 episodes (until the 4th anyway, but i don't know where that goes yet), nor is there anything really distinguishable about the characters. They're rather plain and lack background/motivation/personality. To say it blows away Escaflowne or Evangelion in that rant up there seems pretty damn crazy to me. I guess it gets better. I'd watch the rest but it's not something I'd pay for, which means i will never see it. I'm the only person i know who still buys anime.

5. Just grabbed volume 3 from Best Buy. The price was a screw ($24.99) but I couldn't hold out. Can't wait to watch it.

I'm in complete disagreement with you Stormy. I love the character personalities and design, the world that is presented, and the overall feel to the show is wonderful. I dunno, Last Exile just clicks with me.

6. ive got the first 2 discs. i just saw at ign disc 3 is either out or out soon. cant wait to try it. been loving it so far.

7. I'm ressurecting this thread because I received the box set (with pointless figure, anyone want to buy?) as a Valentine's day gift from my girl.

I thought it would be entertaining, and it is, but, wow, the production values are off the charts. This had to be one of the most expensive shows to ever be made in Japan.

I'm not too fond of the main characters Claus and Lavi, but the villains and action are enough to satisfy me.

I don't need to use any brain power while watching this, and that's fine. Occasionally I like to just chill out and view some balls-out action sequences.

8. I noticed the full box at Fry's yesterday, I'm planning on picking it up in the next few weeks.

9. Me I'm calling garlic sauce...

lol. Me too.

Last Exile was the shit. I'd watch it again.