Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Man

1. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate05
    The problem is Cruise would draw the illegal teenage girls, and old MILF type ladies ... hence Hollywood Blockbuster. Sad that you have to do it that way ... BUT I think Dalton would be better. Not to mention he can act ... though his version of Bond sucked major assage. Not really his fault ... bad writers and a piss poor director.
    Who the fuck cares who he will draw? The nerds will still go see it because it's Iron Man. If you're a nerd who doesn't know who Iron Man is, then you've lost pocket protector status.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I's aims ta please.
    I aim to evoke nothing but hatred and sorrow in my fellow man.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I'm a ROM fan too!

You guys should be thanking your lucky stars that Cage didn't get to play Iron Man (so far). Like dude said before me, I remember the huge dump that I took when I found out that Nic Cage was going to be Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

4. Quote Originally Posted by FX-ism
    I'm a ROM fan too!

You guys should be thanking your lucky stars that Cage didn't get to play Iron Man (so far). Like dude said before me, I remember the huge dump that I took when I found out that Nic Cage was going to be Superman.
    Nicolas Cage can't carry movies on his own. He's a good actor, it's just that nobody seems to care about him.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    He's a good actor . . .
    Andrew. I like you and all, but this statement is wrong.

6. Matchstick Men was entertaining. There's just something about him that's annoying.

7. I wouldn't have had a problem with Nic Cage as The Big Blue Boyscout if he'd had a bodytype that was even remotely similar to that of Superman. So I was very relieved when he didn't do it. I can see Cruise as Iron Man, and Timmy Dalton would certainly look the part, but I think he's past the point in his career where he'll do a movie for a paycheck, which is what i think The Rocketeer was to him. Especially, horror of horrors, a movie where he might actually have to deal with fans.

PS: I wonder if they will stick that old Sabbath tune in the movie at some point. Maybe when Stark is on a drinking binge.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    There's just something about him that's annoying.
    Yes. Can't put my finger on what's so annoying about him, but that's the main reason I'm no Nic Cage fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

9. I'm so with you on this, X...there's this weird, unknown reason, but I can't stand Nick Cage. Is it his acting? Is it his look? Is it his personality? I don't know, I just know that if he's in a movie I don't wanna see it. The only movie I didn't mind him in was Face/Off.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Ever since Michael Keaton was chosen to play Batman and now with Christian Bale to continue the role, I don't rule out anyone anymore. You just don't know how an actor will carry the weight of a superhero role.