Page 1 of 102 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Man

1. Iron Man

http://www.megastar.co.uk/ents/news/...MwNDMwMDg.html

Iron Man Cruise

Fresh from promoting his latest film The Last Samurai, Tom Cruise has revealed he'd like to play the lead in a Hollywood version of Marvel comic superhero Iron Man.

When the project first surfaced, Cruise and comic fan Nicholas Cage were both keen to sign, but now that the main elements, such as the screenwriters, the script and the villain have changed, only Cruise is still eager to don the tights.

"He's a fascinating character, but we've got to figure out how it's going to work. And everyone is doing a Marvel character these days," he told Empire magazine.

"How do we make that new, create something fresh where it doesn't feel like: "Oh, here comes another superhero story"?"

Well, don't ask Ben Affleck, that's for sure.

The story of Iron Man isn't as well-known as the mainstream hero's. He is the alter ego of billionaire industrialist Tony Stark, who wears an armoured breastplate to protect his injured heart.

But like all credible superheroes, Stark has a dark side, trying to battle alcoholism while running his company and fend off baddies thanks to his advanced suit of armour and kick-ass weapons.

When asked if the character also wears 'super' heels, Cruise refused to comment.
    I always dug the Iron Man comic. I don't recall Tony Stark being a midget (Cruise is 5' 7"), but otherwise Tom as Iron Man should be pretty cool.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Maybe with some lifts and a drinking problem.

How did that horrible cartoon song go?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Maybe with some lifts and a drinking problem.

How did that horrible cartoon song go?

Tony Stark
    Makes you feel
    He's a cool exec
    With a heart of steel.
    As Iron Man,
    All jets ablaze,
    He fights and smite'n
    With repulsor rays!
    A blaze of power!
    Iron Man!
    Amazing armor!
    Iron Man!
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

4. Thanks, X. I think.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

HAHAHAHAHAH

Makes you feel.

COOL EXEC WITH A HEART OF STEEL!!!

Oh, god, I never get enough of that.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Tony Stark...makes me feeeel.

7. I was about to say that Tom Cruise is no Tony Stark, but then Tony is pretty unemotional, too.

8. I liked Iron Man in the first Marvel vs. Capcom. Fun to use. Not sure if he's cool enough for a movie though. Then again, I never heard of Blade and that shits bad ass.

9. I dig Iron Man and all, but you know what comic I'd really like to see made into a film?

ROM: Spaceknight.

For anyone who's not familiar with it: an armored cyborg from another planet follows a shape-shifting race of aliens called Dire Wraiths to Earth. The Wraiths attacked ROM's home planet but were driven away when many of the inhabitants volunteered to sacrifice their humanity to get grafted to mechanical suits of death. After their victory, the Spaceknights swear to hunt down and eradicate the Wraiths from the galaxy. The Wraiths can take basically any form - human or countless other aliens from countless worlds - and some can perform black magic. ROM used a weapon called an Analyzer to detect Wraiths no matter what their assumed shape, and another called a Neutralizer to banish them to Limbo (he originally thinks eternal banishment a better fate than death). He constantly grappled with his lost humanity, especially when he falls in love with a human woman.

It seems like it would translate pretty well to the big screen.

But Iron Man could work.

10. cruise has the look but is to short, cage has the physiqu but is to ugly/bald