Thread: Arc II help...

1. Arc II help...

First off, Arc II is much better than I, which was still a decent game. SInce when do characters max out at 60 levels? And when they said short, they meant it...it took me only 14 hours to finish the game with maxed out characters and all secrets (I think) completed...Why even bother including the Silk Belt (double exp) when by that time all your characters are already almost maxed out...

Okay, on to my question (I know I should figure this out on my own, but I just don't feel like waiting)...

I just got Diekbek (who is now my favorite character!) and returned to the ruins to try and find more power units to power him up. I am assuming they are in the chests in level 3 that are sealed in the rooms to the left and right. How do I get into these rooms? I tried looking for secret buttons or other entrances, but I can't seem to find an entrance. Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

2. Spoilers, Duh!

All power units in the game are embedded in the wall, if you're in a place where a power unit is you can't miss it. The first new one available is found in the Houfion area at the cave-in thingy, after you get the group back together but before you take off in the Silver Noah. It's actually a bit out of order, but you can do it if you sneak away from the plot for a few minutes.

As for the chests in the ruins, try Gogen's level 3 teleport, I'm pretty sure that's the only way to get them, unless another character has teleport.

Note on Diekbeck- he gets massively accelerated experience. If you treat him as a straight fighter character, you won't get much out of him. Consider him a magic user, though, and you've got a decently powerful character who has an isanely high cool factor. I think my Diekbeck has 500,000 exp on him right now, I really need to get back to the island and drain him. That 500k wasn't hard to get, either.

James

3. ...

Originally posted by James
    Spoilers, Duh!

All power units in the game are embedded in the wall, if you're in a place where a power unit is you can't miss it. The first new one available is found in the Houfion area at the cave-in thingy, after you get the group back together but before you take off in the Silver Noah. It's actually a bit out of order, but you can do it if you sneak away from the plot for a few minutes.

As for the chests in the ruins, try Gogen's level 3 teleport, I'm pretty sure that's the only way to get them, unless another character has teleport.

Note on Diekbeck- he gets massively accelerated experience. If you treat him as a straight fighter character, you won't get much out of him. Consider him a magic user, though, and you've got a decently powerful character who has an isanely high cool factor. I think my Diekbeck has 500,000 exp on him right now, I really need to get back to the island and drain him. That 500k wasn't hard to get, either.

James
    I hadn't even thought of teleport, thanks. I not sure if I've come to that part yet...or maybe I have...I just finished the White House lab area and Elc has been injured. I am now with Kukuru at her temple and the only members I have are Shu and Shante, did I miss it?
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"