Thread: Koroshiya 1

1. WTF Koroshiya 1

I FINALLY got ahold of Koroshiya 1 manga. I found out about this little number early in 2003 and NEVER could find anything for it. So finally I found the manga scans and turns out its right up my alley like I thought.

Koroshiya 1, is pretty damn violent and also pretty damn twisted too. The series revolves around Ichi a normal guy with a rough past(who doesn't have one now days) and a not so normal job. Ichi is known as a sick, perverted, ruthless killer....but in person he's a cry baby, normal guy who gets picked on. Also Ichi's method of killing is mighty brutal and different. I'll just let you bear witness to it yourself and its not for the weak hearted.

The whole series seems pretty well written from what I've read. I'm hungry for more of this series too. They poke a lot of fun at Yakuza and other asian gangs.

Koroshiya 1 also spawned the live action movie "ichi the killer" and a anime series too called Koroshiya 1. I'm hunting down the anime cause I just GOTTA see this too.

Anyone else seen or read this series?

I got the first volume of the series. It seems... interesting.

You can get it at the hawks website.

3. I like the manga better than the anime. The anime seems to throw you right in the middle/end of things and then goes to flashbacks. It also seems to focus on the slow demise of Ichi's sanity.

The manga on the other hand is catchy cause it involves a lot of plots to trick different Yakuza gangs. Ichi is like another story in the manga. It switches back and forth between the group Ichi works for and ichi's life away from them. It still has its intense and pretty F'd up moments. But I keep reading on to see how things unfold and what brutalities happen next.

4. does anybody know how many volumes it is i have read 1 - 8 but it's not done so i need to know how many more volumes are left

5. I have the anime and the live action movie. The anime was pretty good, it fills in a lot of Ichi's backstory and show just how pitiful he really is. The animation was kinda crappy though.