Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evangelion Director's Cut

1. Evangelion Director's Cut

The first dvd of this is coming out in a week or two and I was wondering...I know it has the extra footage (that's the whole point), but is it going to be the remastered video of the japanese box set? Is anyone excited?

2. Quote Originally Posted by perkyskirt
    but is it going to be the remastered video of the japanese box set? Is anyone excited?
    No.

Maybe.

3. i'm excited, but only because i'm a raging evangelion fan.

sucks that we never got the remastered episodes, as the adv release is pretty shitty.

4. I hate it... they're making it 2 dvd's, both are probably gonna be $30 a pop, and I'm going to buy them.

5. I'm very excited

I'm sure ADV will release the remastered version sometime in late 2004 / early 2005. I mean, they have re-released half a dozen shows in the past year alone (Doomed Megapolis, Sin, etc.) and are re-releasing a remastered Robotech next year. Plus, with their involvement in the EVA live action film, its practically a given.

Now who is bringing over Evangelion 2 for the PS2?

6. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    and are re-releasing a remastered Robotech next year.
    GOD DAMNIT! Why do they always come out with a better version of something I've already bought?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K
    GOD DAMNIT! Why do they always come out with a better version of something I've already bought?
    I bought the box set (the box was messed up) for $50 from gamestop so I guess I don't feel that bad about it. I bought all the 2 episode a piece tapes that were $25 a pop back in the day. Its the only anime tv show I've ever really gotten in to hardcore (even though I have almost 100 anime dvds....) I'll buy it once again as long as it's sexy.

8. I heard the new footage involves...

anal.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Sweet, sweet nectar!

10. Got it and watched it last night. I'm impressed with it, some of the dialog has been changed, and the added scenes do nothing but enhance the story. Great job.