Page 1 of 29 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Hellboy - Official Thread

1. Hellboy - Official Thread

I searched for an Official and all I found was Wills initial Hellboy news thread. So I decided to steal all of his thunder and make an official Hellboy thread before any of you bitches did. And I think it's safe to say that this movie could be good or bad (which is normally true in human speech for anything, ever). I saw a preview for it during Lord of the Rings, or maybe it was The Last Samurai. The preview looked pretty cool, with some CG looking a bit weird.

Who're the fish guys? They look like a cross breed between a grey alien and a baracuda. I like the design sense and style in this movie, from what I've seen, and I have high hopes for the presentation. I'm not totally familiar with Hellboy, but the comparison from the comic book version and the Ron Pearlman film translation is breathtakingly accurate.

Anybody else looking forward to this? I think it comes out in February or March, whenever the hell memorial day is (we don't have memorial day up here. Must be all the tukes or igloos).
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. It's coming out the same day as Spiderman 2, don't know the date. There's only one fish guy (Abe Sapien), and he's on Hellboy's team.
    pwned by Ivan

3. I saw the trailer for this when I went to see The Last Samurai, it looked totally badass. I think I'll go and pick up some of the comics so I'll have a better idea about what I'm in for before the movie shows up.
    Time for a change

4. Quote Originally Posted by Green
    It's coming out the same day as Spiderman 2, don't know the date. There's only one fish guy (Abe Sapien), and he's on Hellboy's team.
    I thought I saw a release date of April 04, 2004 for Hellboy and July 02, 2004 for Spider-Man 2?

5. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts
    I thought I saw a release date of April 04, 2004 for Hellboy and July 02, 2004 for Spider-Man 2?
    Hellboy is April 2, but otherwise you are correct.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Man, I wanted to make this thread. Since I am the HB av wearing member of TNL.

Hellboy will be opening April 2, unless it gets pushed back to the later date, and it looks totally awesome. I love HB graphic novels(and I am not a big comic fan), since they combine great art/style, with cool stories and unique characters you care about.

Guelmo Del Toro and Mike Mignola are working very closely on the project, and Del Toro being a huge HB nut, will make sure it will be a perfect adaptation.

You guys that havent read HB novels yet, definately need to pick them up. There are also few addition books, like HB Odd Jobs, which are novels covering additional HB adventures, plus BRPD comics by Mignolla following the HB's BRP teammates adventures. Great stuff.

7. The movie looks great, and I'm really interested in checking out some of the graphic novels.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Fangoria with a positive early review-
    http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=1848
    pwned by Ivan

9. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    I think I'll go and pick up some of the comics so I'll have a better idea about what I'm in for before the movie shows up.
    It never works that way, dude. You think you can stop at two . . . but then you get the third, and fourth, and then the novels, etc.

These TPBs are amazing. I highly recomend them. Just make sure you ration your spending cash, otherwise you'll be out $150 before you know it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Man, I wanted to make this thread. Since I am the HB av wearing member of TNL.
    ONE of the Hellboy wearing av members of TNL.

You guys that havent read HB novels yet, definately need to pick them up. There are also few addition books, like HB Odd Jobs, which are novels covering additional HB adventures, plus BRPD comics by Mignolla following the HB's BRP teammates adventures. Great stuff.
    There's also Weird Tales, but they aren't drawn or written by Mignola, so you might not like them. Some of the stories are fantastic, though, so I say they're worth a read.