Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really weird glitch

1. Really weird glitch

Okay, I've been having a weird thing happen every few threads I enter: out of nowhere, the text disappears in a random post. Poof, just gone. I have to highlight it in order to read it, and still sometimes is goes away.

I have no idea why that could possibly be happening.

I'm using the GameGo! theme, if that helps. I'll try using another theme and see if it still happens.

2. I've been having that happen to me, too... I'll take a look at the theme and see if I can't reproduce and/or fix it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    I've been having that happen to me, too... I'll take a look at the theme and see if I can't reproduce and/or fix it.
    So, have you made any inroads yet? I'd love to use that theme again, but it still happens to me.

4. Nothing yet... Do you happen to use IE? I think it may be a rendering issue with it.

5. I've never experienced the problem. I use the default theme and Mozilla 1.4.1.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    Nothing yet... Do you happen to use IE? I think it may be a rendering issue with it.
    Yes to using IE.

I've just switched to another theme for now, but I'd like to use the GameGo! theme instead. (I hate having to readjust my eyes from Black background/white lettering to White background/black lettering almost every time I leave this message board)

7. I'm fairly sure it's a IE-specific text rendering problem.... I don't think it likes all those <div> and <span> tags. But, without knowing the exact cause, I really don't have any clue as to fixing it. My only real suggestion would be to try using Mozilla Firebird (mozilla web browser), as I've never seen it make text disappear. It's also a nifty little browser.

8. Well i also have the same problem.. I just suspected it was my computer screwing up.. but now i know.. and I use the GameGO! theme, and I also have IE on.. If that helps any..
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers

9. http://www.mozilla.org

Download Mozilla or Mozilla Firefox. Stop using IE.

Yeah, cause when things only happen on TNL its IE's fault.

Definatly not a problem with TNL...