Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sleep Paralysis

1. Oh yeah and one time I saw a ghost and he tried to scare me but I kicked him in the face. He started to cry and then I said "Boo fucking hoo that shit."
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. I don't think I've ever woken up paralized (I can't remember a lot of the times when I wake up or I think something completely different) but there is times when I wake up and I am absolutely convinced that something is standing right next to me. It's sorta like being scared of the dark I guess:P A few weeks ago is the first time it's happened for awhile, if any of you have seen "Return of the Living Dead" there's a monster called the tar-man and when I woke up it's the first thing that came to my mind and I thought I was about to be attacked, I guess it's kinda like dreaming but being awake.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

3. It's all in your mind.

It's all about control. This is why when somebody is behind you and you don't realize it you jump and get edgy. It's your mind losing the sense of control it had. As you probably know, we as humans rely on the senses to be aware of our surroundings. Someone not registering in any of these senses is the reason we get spooked.

Now imagine this, except 10 fold because we can't move or see what's going on. Everything is JUST out of reach, or out of what we can see with any degree of objectivity. This is why you are scared shitless. It's a natural human reaction, no matter how bad ass you think you may be (not directed at anyone, just in general how people pretend shit doesn't startle them).
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. i think ive had it maby not. it was this dream. it felt real but i couldint move (i have thease at least once a month) and in the dream i cant move and this huge "thing" comes at me and i screm as loud as i posible can and i can hear my self screming out side the dream. then i wake up and then sleep wit the lights on.

5. woah, its surprisingly common here.

apparently, alot of narceleptics have the same type of experiences. now THAT'd be fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    How long does it last for?

not sure, seems to be a long time though. Mine felt like half an hour, but I wasn't scared and eventually fell back asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by mode7
    Weird. For me, it was more of a calm, almost detached experience.
    same, but at the time, I was sure it was real. not until I woke up the next day did I realise what was going on.