Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon

1. Quote Originally Posted by jarrod
    Atlus USA simply rules, they've quickly supplanted Capcom as my top GBA 3rd party. Super Dodge Ball, Tactics Ogre, Lufia, River City Ransom, Double Dragon, KOFEX2, Shining Soul 1-2 and now Shining Force. Doesn't get much better.
    Yeah, even though Atlus gets love here, I never feel it is enough. I love them so much.

2. It's sounding pretty darn good to me fo far:

Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon is a remake of the original Shining Force, leading to several additions, upgrades and tweaks made during development to keep the experience fresh for old and new players alike.
    • Control up to 12 characters in battle from a cast of over 30! Also included are three never-before-seen characters that can help you in your fight against the Dark forces.
    • Improved graphics feature added visual effects and character patterns.
    • Rebalanced game play from the original version provides for a more tactically challenging and engaging experience.
    • Unique card system allows you to collect special abilities and bonuses that could turn the tide of battle in your favor.
    According to Gaming-Age.

I'm definitely getting this one.

3. This was just released in Europe a couple days ago. So if you are eager to play, you know where to go.

4. Yeah, I tried to demo the ROM but I can't move the main character for some reason. He's stuck in place. Oh well. I'm gonna buy it anyway, so I don't really have to demo it.

5. Got a call from GS today. Should be in stores this afternoon. Am I the only one here picking this up?

6. This fell off my radar. I'll be there on Friday since I am supposed to get 40% off on games that day; Boo Ya!

I am getting it soon! This is very exciting. Shining Force games rock my world. I'll be playing it like mad once receving it, so I'll post impressions soon.
    I took all your French Toast.

8. I'm taking a pass for now, since I can just play the original on the genesis, and there's no way the archaic Shining Force can come close to besting games like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, or La Pucelle.

I'm also a believer of Fire Emblem doing the Shining Force formula alot better than the original did. I'll get this one when it's 20 or so.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

9. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    ...I'll get this one when it's 20 or so.
    ...which is now if you use the Best Buy Gift Card trick. Assuming BB got or is getting this game. I can't check till this weekend. I gotta beat Golden Sun 2 before starting this though. One RPG per platform, that's my (for now) rule.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    ...which is now if you use the Best Buy Gift Card trick. Assuming BB got or is getting this game. I can't check till this weekend.
    Um, the only way it's 20 at Best Buy is if they run a sale for it at 24.99, and THEN the gift card trick makes it 20.

It wasn't in this Sunday's ad, so that's not usually a good sign.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)