Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon

Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpot
    THQ has today released the first information on Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon for the Game Boy Advance. Currently in development at Sega, the game is the latest in the long-running Shining Force series of role-playing games that debuted on the Sega Genesis back in 1992.

Resurrection of the Dark Dragon features a story that has been written by staff that worked on the original Shining Force, and will boast a number of improvements over previous games in the series. Battles in the game will be even more tactical than those in previous titles, and will employ a new 'Unique Card System'. Resurrection of the Dark Dragon will also feature three characters that have never appeared in a Shining Force title before.

THQ plans to release Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon in Europe in April, no North American release date has been announced at this time. We'll bring you more information on the game as soon as it becomes available.
    http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/shin...s_6086251.html

2. *wets self*
    A is for action

3. and will employ a new 'Unique Card System'.

Please God, no, not here....

Is that Pyra?

4. For the first time now, I finally see where Dog$ and DiffusionX are coming from.

While this news excites me a ton, since I've been waiting for a new Shining Force since forever, I would have loved to have seen this on ps2 with all the other strat games of it's kind.

Also, the fact it uses a damn card system yet again, makes me think they are dumbing it down for the kids just because it's on the SP.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

5. This is not a new Shining Force, it is THQ's localization of Shining Soul 2 in Europe. GameSpot is retarded.

6. *immediately commits suicide*

... oh wait, it was on the GBA, so I don't care (as much).

*would have immediately killed self had this "false-new shining force" been reported to be a PS2 game*

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    This is not a new Shining Force, it is THQ's localization of Shining Soul 2 in Europe. GameSpot is retarded.
    Yeah, just look at the screens. I was gonna post a thread about this early this morning but said "fuck it" when I realized it was SSII. A few European sites have been reporting the same thing for a couple of months now with the same SSII screens. I wonder if THQ is actually calling this a SF title in Europe, or is someone just screwed up.

8. Card system?! Why the fuck is it so hard to create a game that isn't a fucking Pokemon clone these days? Fuck you, Sega!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    This is not a new Shining Force, it is THQ's localization of Shining Soul 2 in Europe. GameSpot is retarded.